New to fishkeeping, Need help. #reefsquad

CAKE1123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 100 gallon saltwater reef tank and I want to add new fish that won't disrupt the environment. #reefsquad

OP
OP
CAKE1123

CAKE1123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when you say don't disrupt the environment do you mean
1. that they won't increase bioload or pick at corals
2. that they don't effect natural reefs
3. both
both? A friend of mine gave me their aquarium and i've been doing as much research as possible to make the best of it. Currerntly I have green star polyps, two clownfish, a royal gramma basslet, two shrimp, and a variety of crabs, snails, and sea stars.

OP
OP
CAKE1123

CAKE1123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
both? A friend of mine gave me their aquarium and i've been doing as much research as possible to make the best of it. Currerntly I have green star polyps, two clownfish, a royal gramma basslet, two shrimp, and a variety of crabs, snails, and sea stars.
I forgot to mention that I have been using this chart https://www.thatpetplace.com/articles/marine-compatibility-chart to see what is safe and what isnt. I am thinking of adding either butterfly fish or chromis fish

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterfly fish are mostly not reef safe. There are a few that are ok but make sure you do more research into them before you add one. Chromis are OK but can be mean to their own. They can turn on their own until there is only one. Highlander style ;)

You could add a fairy wrasse or 2 but you will need a netted cover. Also could add a Bristle tooth tang, Kole, 2 Spot, or Tomini. A Hawk would work as well. Cardinals are mid tank swimmers and are usually out and about.

And Welcome to R2R ! ! !

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for fish that help the tank, utalitation ones are best such as tangs, blennys, foxface and wrasse I'm not sure on your tank size though
As for the environment captive bred options will help that

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back