new to forum

Gladmist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am a self employed glass jewelry artist and have been into freshwater tanks for about 15 years. I have recently updated my tank to a 75 gallon freshwater planted tank and am really happy with where it is. I have been dreaming of having a saltwater tank for years. Have about 4 books on the subject and have finally started doing some serious research to determine what I want. Your forum has been so enlightening and informative. I hope to take the next year and thoroughly plan out my future reef tank.
I am thinking 75 gallon reef ready glass tank with a sump for fish and live rock and perhaps eventually some easier coral stuff. Still dont know much about the livestock. Have pinned down some of the equipment though. Look forward to talking with you all as I move along the planning process!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tenor (1).gif

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Let’s see your freshwater tanks! Keep us posted with your salt build with lots of pics as well! :)

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am a self employed glass jewelry artist and have been into freshwater tanks for about 15 years. I have recently updated my tank to a 75 gallon freshwater planted tank and am really happy with where it is. I have been dreaming of having a saltwater tank for years. Have about 4 books on the subject and have finally started doing some serious research to determine what I want. Your forum has been so enlightening and informative. I hope to take the next year and thoroughly plan out my future reef tank.
I am thinking 75 gallon reef ready glass tank with a sump for fish and live rock and perhaps eventually some easier coral stuff. Still dont know much about the livestock. Have pinned down some of the equipment though. Look forward to talking with you all as I move along the planning process!

A year?? Yeah, we're gonna need you to come in on weekends to get this expedited. An entire year isn't gonna work for us. ;)

I'm of course joking above. Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
Gladmist

Gladmist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, I have included a pic of my freshwater planted tank (if I followed instructions correctly!)
DBL, thanks for the link, I Will definitely check that out.
XNavyDiver, I know right?! I kinda want to stay up late studying and
git-r-done

20171121_110050.jpg

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all, I have included a pic of my freshwater planted tank (if I followed instructions correctly!)
DBL, thanks for the link, I Will definitely check that out.
XNavyDiver, I know right?! I kinda want to stay up late studying and
git-r-done

20171121_110050.jpg
My recommendation is to up your CUC and a couple of tangs will knock that algae problem right out!

ps- I spent quite a bit of time at the NAB Little Creek.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't get overwhelmed reading and researching. It's pretty intimidating to a new reefer. I personally found it easiest to start with a cube (all in one) tank. Takes the guesswork out of equipment. People here can walk you through anything!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back