New to me tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter jimmyj79
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jimmyj79

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 29, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
12
Location
florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently purchased a used Waterbox 130 from markets place. The owner cleaned it a little but left some coraline algae in the sump and tank. Is it okay to leave or should I remove all of it?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I personally would remove it.

Buy some bulk citric acid off Amazon, sprinkle it on as a paste or make up a strong solution and fill the tank and sump and let it go for a day or two or a few hours . It should scrape right off.
 
I like removing it as I personally enjoy starting from a truly blank slate. It really shouldn't affect much overall, but better safe than sorry. Some citric acid is 100% the way to go to resolve this.
 
I agree I would remove it just to give you a truly clean tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new