New to R2R

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings Reefers!

The name Roid Reefs is not because my reef is on roids (yet), but because Roids was a childhood nickname through high school.

I am new to R2R. I am located in the New Orleans, Louisiana area. I am a member of both Bayou Reefkeeping and Louisiana Reef Club, and I would suggest to any locals to the southeast who are not members of these to become members and stay active in those as well. I was doing research for about a year before I set up my first tank in December. Its a 75G with mostly softies/zoas. I will most likely start a build thread on it soon to get as much feedback as possible as to what I may doing right or doing wrong. I'm always open to criticism. I do not get offended easily so if you see me doing something wrong, or saying something wrong, feel free to let me know! I mean I'm only human, I'm going to make mistakes.

The reason I joined on here was to get as much info as possible on this hobby. I love doing research, and I feel the best way to get new ideas/ info is from the people actually in the hobby. I will be scouring these forums for more information.

I look forward to learning as much as I can from you guys! Thanks for having me here!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
welcome12_af875eaa887ed91c39e4c81c7d4fd966-0ed06ab93ea565647147c6beddbca4eb.gif
tumblr_o3y4pherIa1s3h43ko1_500.gif

OP
OP
Roid Reefs

Roid Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! NOLA is an awesome place. Went for MACNA. Did you go? The local club did a great job organizing the event.
I did end up going to MACNA. This was when I was planning my first tank. I had a 40B at home that I ended up not doing, did a 75 instead. But, I did get two 5 gallons buckets full of the display rock that was used for free :) I was very lucky! the liferock shapes is nice!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 137 60.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.8%
Back