New to Reef Forum

bubby.lyle

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
33
Location
New Orleans
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. My name is Lyle and this is my introduction post. I’m new to the fish hobbiest life. I have a 10 gallon fresh water with live plants and a 55 gal saltwater that I’m hoping to transform into a reef tank. Currently I’m having a possible velvet scare if anyone can help me out
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Looks like either advanced ich or velvet.

Either a short youtube video to give us a breathing rate, or count the gill movements in 15 seconds and multiply by 4.

Velvet will have rapid breathing and yhe fish won't eat. It's a quick killer.
 
Welcome to the forum!
You usually won’t see spots with velvet, more commonly you will see rapid breathing and swimming into the flow.
I’m more inclined to say the tang has ich.
If you don’t have any inverts, hyposalinity is a possible treatment option.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new