OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to have you here! And the little ones make this hobby a little better with all thier questions and curiosity! I have a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old myself =)

LIST
Littledabosalt
e-zlight

Rules? Rules? Thats no fun. LOL

First off, Thansk for the little raffle. Always a great thing to help keep us slackers motivated.

I'm kinda new, and been back in the SW world for about six months. We had a tank when I was growing up (125gal), and it was always something to look forward to with my father on the weekends was to go to the LFS. Now that my daughter is almost 4, we decided to start a small 55 gal. I soon became afflicted with MTS, and have a bunch of tanks now, but only 2 running. A small 10 gal fresh, and a 55 gal sw. Had my share of experiences and failures along the way, but I now have a healthy tank, and actually just got my first frags a couple weeks ago.

Here's a picture of my current setup.

tankCorals001.jpg

I have more rock curing in a 30 gal now that will be added. (guess that means I have 3 tanks, forgot about my 30 gal QT tank.) Gotta rescape my tank to give the corals different heights to see where they're happy.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks bro! trying to live up to

We may not be the biggest but we ARE the most friendly aquarium community in the world - R2R

1smile1

That's awesome of you mike. And a bomb diggity of a frag pack bro.
You always take care of us on R2R.

GeoHawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What if your not a newbie, but definitely not a knowledgeable enough to be considered a veteran?

cheetofingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I got into the hobby because my best friend is an avid enthusiast. Every time I went over to his house I spent hours staring into his tank, and after doing all the necessary research I decided that I would set up my own at work. It's a simple setup, consisting of a 10 gallon Aqueon glass tank, 2 Koralia 1's for flow, a Hydor heater (I believe its 100w), and lighting is provided by a 150w HQI sunlight supply MH ballast powering a 14k Phoenix bulb. I set it up at work 3 months ago, and have some zoas and mushshrooms in there, along with a false perc and a goby. This is the only picture I have currently, before I had hung the pendant. Since then, Ive added some sand.

2009-10-08173948.jpg

I think it would look muuuch better with some of those corals ;)

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice man!! keep us updated on the progress.. as for now u are in

LIST
Littledabosalt
e-zlight
cheetofingers

Hi everyone!

I got into the hobby because my best friend is an avid enthusiast. Every time I went over to his house I spent hours staring into his tank, and after doing all the necessary research I decided that I would set up my own at work. It's a simple setup, consisting of a 10 gallon Aqueon glass tank, 2 Koralia 1's for flow, a Hydor heater (I believe its 100w), and lighting is provided by a 150w HQI sunlight supply MH ballast powering a 14k Phoenix bulb. I set it up at work 3 months ago, and have some zoas and mushshrooms in there, along with a false perc and a goby. This is the only picture I have currently, before I had hung the pendant. Since then, Ive added some sand.

2009-10-08173948.jpg

I think it would look muuuch better with some of those corals ;)

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well i have been lurking, looking at the for sale section mostly and this great opportunity pulled me in. I have set up my first saltwater aquarium recently but have always wanted one. When I bought my house 6 months ago setting it up was one of the first things i did and I couldn't be happier. I have a 72 gallon bow front aquarium with a 29 gallon sump/fuge and a reef octopus nwb 150. Some people told me not to go with the bowfront because it would be hard to put a sump/fuge of sufficient size in there and be more difficult to maintain but I went with it for one very important reason, my fiance liked it and since she likes it she doesn't care the i spend money on it and in fact wants to set up a smaller tank upstairs for seahorses eventuall.

I started the tank with 70 lbs of BRS reef saver and 10 lbs of live rock using the shrimp method. I began adding livestock about 2 months ago. I have a pair of clowns, a chalice, frogspawn, hammer, fire shrimp, a couple of blastos, and a two spot bristle tooth tang as well as some nassarius and turbo snails. Everything is doing well and looking happy.

An almost FTS.
PA150265.jpg

the chalice i recently bought, since i got it home the skirt has brightened it's green and the purple is much brighter and the skirt is starting to spread out along the tile it is on
PA150271.jpg

can't really see it in the picture but it's eyes are green and on one side two eyes and and a furrow on the lumpy part make what looks like a skull.

Oh and a video of the tank. The colors suck,the rock isn't that white and the frogspawn and hammer are more colorful. Oh and i have redone the rock work to open up the sand bed a little and to provide some shadier areas to put the chalice in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WElcome to R2R!! That is a great start !!! looking good!

LIST
Littledabosalt
e-zlight
cheetofingers
fingas

Well i have been lurking, looking at the for sale section mostly and this great opportunity pulled me in. I have set up my first saltwater aquarium recently but have always wanted one. When I bought my house 6 months ago setting it up was one of the first things i did and I couldn't be happier. I have a 72 gallon bow front aquarium with a 29 gallon sump/fuge and a reef octopus nwb 150. Some people told me not to go with the bowfront because it would be hard to put a sump/fuge of sufficient size in there and be more difficult to maintain but I went with it for one very important reason, my fiance liked it and since she likes it she doesn't care the i spend money on it and in fact wants to set up a smaller tank upstairs for seahorses eventuall.

I started the tank with 70 lbs of BRS reef saver and 10 lbs of live rock using the shrimp method. I began adding livestock about 2 months ago. I have a pair of clowns, a chalice, frogspawn, hammer, fire shrimp, a couple of blastos, and a two spot bristle tooth tang as well as some nassarius and turbo snails. Everything is doing well and looking happy.

An almost FTS.
PA150265.jpg

the chalice i recently bought, since i got it home the skirt has brightened it's green and the purple is much brighter and the skirt is starting to spread out along the tile it is on
PA150271.jpg

can't really see it in the picture but it's eyes are green and on one side two eyes and and a furrow on the lumpy part make what looks like a skull.

Oh and a video of the tank. The colors suck,the rock isn't that white and the frogspawn and hammer are more colorful. Oh and i have redone the rock work to open up the sand bed a little and to provide some shadier areas to put the chalice in.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang missed this sweet deal by 2 years haha! But awesome deal from one of the best! Hope to make an order somettime in future after we buy a house! Again hats off to you and this amazing offer!

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang missed this sweet deal by 2 years haha! But awesome deal from one of the best! Hope to make an order somettime in future after we buy a house! Again hats off to you and this amazing offer!

Thanks man!! Goodluck with the new house Hunting. Make sure u get
One with a huge living room so u can fit a 500 gal in there :p

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow Thanks for sharing a little part of you life! tank looks great! you are the fisrt on the list for this drawing!
i will start a list as of now. Ill try to read through this thread on a daily basis and update the list for the drawing... Again thanks for stepping up and not being shy and being the first!!

LIst
LittleDabOSalt

Thank you! The tank has taken alot of work but we're pretty proud of what we've been able to accomplish so far. :smile:

WHOA, after seeing LittleDabOSalt's tank, I'm ashamed to post a picture of mine. Beautiful tank. I've got a long way to go on mine.
Thank you so much for the compliment I really like your aquascape alot! Very cool :smile: By the way, where did you get your stand? I've been looking for something like that!

Last edited:

WesMeeks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got into the hobby of SW about 6 months ago. I started with a 6 gallon nano, which was all my wife would allow. Once she saw how beautiful SW could be, she was hooked as well. So I switch everything over to my 29 gallon tank and had a few mishaps and successes so far. Lost livestock, gained corals, ect. But this is where my tank sits for now, b/c as we all know, this is an expensive hobby and I'm not exactly rolling in the dough. Hoping to add more after Christmas or as soon as I get some of my extra supplies sold. I know this isn't the best looking tank, but I'd say it's pretty good for a newbie. :smile:
118_1399.jpg
118_1394.jpg
118_1395.jpg
IMG_0661.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:

Lokii_37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping FW for about 5 years know and have decided to make the jump to salt about 5 months ago. I have a 75g with a double sump. This brings my water volume to about 115g. I have a DIY over flow and protein skimmer. I'm running a 6 bulb t5 with 2-12000k 1-10000k and 3- super blue actinic.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319386090.498555.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1319386090.498555.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 168

Jpurpz831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is ***** cool of u 2. good job mike n annette u guys are the best bringing in new people to the hobby.
i convinced my little brother to stay of the streets and get into reefing and thankx to sexy corals he got his first corals last month and he is loving it

thanks again mike n annette

Jpurp

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love it man!! great start!! immma tell you you this brotha.. that 29 is gonna be 50 then 100 then 200 gallons soon.. welcome to the addiction ummm i mean hobby.. :tongue:

LIST
Littledabosalt
e-zlight
cheetofingers
fingas
westmeeks

So i got into the hobby of SW about 6 months ago. I started with a 6 gallon nano, which was all my wife would allow. Once she saw how beautiful SW could be, she was hooked as well. So I switch everything over to my 29 gallon tank and had a few mishaps and successes so far. Lost livestock, gained corals, ect. But this is where my tank sits for now, b/c as we all know, this is an expensive hobby and I'm not exactly rolling in the dough. Hoping to add more after Christmas or as soon as I get some of my extra supplies sold. I know this isn't the best looking tank, but I'd say it's pretty good for a newbie. :smile: 118_1399.jpg 118_1394.jpg 118_1395.jpg IMG_0661.jpg
pencil.png

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been keeping FW for about 5 years know and have decided to make the jump to salt about 5 months ago. I have a 75g with a double sump. This brings my water volume to about 115g. I have a DIY over flow and protein skimmer. I'm running a 6 bulb t5 with 2-12000k 1-10000k and 3- super blue actinic.

looks like a great start! welcome to R2R !! you are on!

LIST
Littledabosalt
e-zlight
cheetofingers
fingas
westmeeks
lokii_37

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back