New To Reefing? Free SExy corals!

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Thank you guys sooo much! And a big thank you to Sexy Mike for this give away and Skinz for helping out! You guys rock! Patients pays off! Gotta be in it to win it everyone! Don't give up! And may the force be with you, always!

playah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how won the free. Frags didn't see any names was really hoping I won lol would love too order some frags bit I thing their a Lil out my price range if you come up with some a Lil cheaper plz let me know thx Wes

LittleDabOSalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering how won the free. Frags didn't see any names was really hoping I won lol would love too order some frags bit I thing their a Lil out my price range if you come up with some a Lil cheaper plz let me know thx Wes

The winners were: SmokeyCFH & e-zlight

richink

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I noticed that u may pick some lucky person every month to receive some sexy's. If you are still doing that I have no pictures yet but I recently bought a used 75gl bow front tank with some live rocks, a few clams, fish and some kenya tree. I bought a few things since then but nothing cool.A little over a year ago my family and I lost our house to a fish tank fire one day at work. No one was hurt but we lost it all and had no insurance. Its been a hard road but now we have new place and now a tank. Again I didn't think I would ever own one again. Sorry to go on but that's why I think I might be a good candidate for my first introduction to the beautiful corals out there. Just excited to be a part of saltwater again, like the first time but better.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we all go through hard times man.. but im glad you are back ! i will try to do another one for u guys after the new years!! happy holidays!

So I noticed that u may pick some lucky person every month to receive some sexy's. If you are still doing that I have no pictures yet but I recently bought a used 75gl bow front tank with some live rocks, a few clams, fish and some kenya tree. I bought a few things since then but nothing cool.A little over a year ago my family and I lost our house to a fish tank fire one day at work. No one was hurt but we lost it all and had no insurance. Its been a hard road but now we have new place and now a tank. Again I didn't think I would ever own one again. Sorry to go on but that's why I think I might be a good candidate for my first introduction to the beautiful corals out there. Just excited to be a part of saltwater again, like the first time but better.

richink

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was good people strangers even that gave us and are four kids help. people like u that make a diffeance and hope and I'm not saying this stuff to maybe win but won't lie would appreciate it more than you no thanks for your time and effort.

peteranddeb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are beautiful. We have a 55 gallon reef tank with live rock, a tang, clown, 2 yellow tail damsels, the tank is about 8 weeks old and seems to be doing well. I joined R2R about 2 weeks ago.. Very friendly and informative, thanks to all...

Jake9015

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! My name is jake I am a college student who lives in NC.... I have wanted to have a saltwater aquarium of my own since I could remember because of all the life inside a tank..... I own a red sea 130D that I purchased off of someone who was moving..... Currently everything is stock except for a couple panorama LED modules the previous owner installed. The tank is stocked with some xenias some frogspawn and various mushrooms and a newly added Kenya tree that has been growing great! I love my tank and am appreciative to everyone who had helped so far with everything!

BrooksReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My name is Brooks, and I'm a senior in high school in Austin, Texas. I am attending the University of Texas at Austin in the Fall of 2012!

I am not really new to saltwater aquariums, as I have had many successful tanks before. However, I am now just getting back into the hobby (after a long-awaited return). So hopefully I meet the requirements for this thread. :) I chose to go with a 5g EcoPico because I can fit in in my dorm room next year! I am currently using 5 EcoExotic 3w LED strips. I just started it up last Tuesday and everything is running smoothly!

Here are a few pictures from the current set up!

6f90c5cd.jpg

a66fef31.jpg

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, my name is Dave and I've got one foot in the cradle and the other in the grave. I started with undergravel filters and crushed coral back when live rock was exotic and virtually unheard of. I kept my first acropora in 1995 and it had to be special ordered in from the diver because no one had ever heard of it. However, I have this idea to try an inverted tank, lights on the bottom and corals on top of the tank. Next I plan to put a nano tank into orbit using solar panels for heating but I haven't worked out an Estes rocket design that will break the Earth's gravitational field yet. I doubt anyone has tried either of these so I'm hoping this qualifies me for the drawing. I'm really curious what affect gravity has on the growth of coral though. A bit early for April Fools but what the heck, I'm in a mood today.

gvmtcheeze

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
My name is Mike and my wife and I just bought a used 14 gal. Biocube. Well all I can say is I'm hooked. The guy I bought it from was a big help with setting it up, as this is my first tank. I love the hobby so far.
I've always wanted a SW tank, but was too nervous. I figured I would go ahead and do it since I now have the time, I recently had surgery on my ankle, so I'll be off for a while.
Thanks
DSC_0705.jpg

tigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annette and Mike, I would like to be entered into the give aways please. I am both new to R2R and am a Navy vet. I am in the process of switching from fish only to reef. I am a disabled Gulf War Navy Vet. and I have to spend a lot of time at home. This hobby is a release for me, but it is so costly! But nothing is worth having without a struggle. I got a 125g that I have had set up for 4 months now. Everything that is in the tank came from my 75g that was set up as a fish only tank. I have att. a pic. of my 75g, (still working on pics for my new in wall 125g). Thanks for the chance at winning some Sexy Corals.
047.jpg

tigger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got pics. of my 125g in wall.

Attachments

• moto_0208.jpg
    moto_0208.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 157
  • moto_0210.jpg
    moto_0210.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 174
  • moto_0213.jpg
    moto_0213.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 162

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back