New To Reefing? Free SExy corals!

Spaceman Spliff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am 34 now, had a FOWLR in college and early 20's. Finally set up a new tank in July. Its a Red Sex Max 250 which I modded with an overflow, sump and I-Tech skimmer. Also have two Vortech MP10's for circulation. I dropped a ton of money an a full Apex with all accessories which is sitting in the drawer still :squigglemouth: ...been needing to hook it all up. No big corals yet but a bunch of frags. Fell in love with acans to start and now starting on chalices and SPS. Also love my scolys! My 4 fish are a bluespot jawfish, snowflake clown, swissguard basslet and a kole tang. Everything is doing great and am looking forward to adding frags from R2R sponsors! Here's a FTS as of today:

P1070767.jpg

Last edited:

Jeep Girl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
My 28 gal nanocube has been running for about 4 months now. I have a few LPS and SPS along with some palys. Looking forward to adding more corals!!!
DSC00345.JPG

Dashiki

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just got into the hobby after doing a month or so of research. Me and the wife were looking for a hobby we would both enjoy. We are avid scuba divers and this seemed like a natural progression.

We made a 30" cube (94 gal) in the corner of the bedroom. After the setup we realized how loud it all was and quickly moved the sump to the basement.

It had been cycling for 6 weeks and now we have added a couple fish, 2 black and white clowns, dragon goby and a powder blue anemone.

As for coral only one small pink lemonade frag at the moment. Some nice new sexy corals would be great though!

photo.jpg

campgrrl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.

I have a 27gal tank that has been up for about 5 months now. I have always been an aquarium enthusiast. I got my first aquarium when i was 8 years old and have been hooked ever since! Until now I have only had freshwater tanks. Always wanted a saltwater tank but I knew it was a lot of work and a considerable amount of money. Finally took the plunge and haven't regretted it (although my bank account isn't happy!) Mine isn't a fancy setup, I don't have a ton of live rock, but I think I got a good start and I'm taking the time to add slowly and hopefully get it right the first time. This is the picture after I added my clownfish, I have since added a few things but couldn't get that picture to upload.

Attachments

• Misc 016.jpg
    Misc 016.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 207

kakemono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello!
I come from a small background in keeping dart frogs. I had a 37 gallon tank with 4 frogs for a while until I had to take down my tank.

I decided to get into another hobby and with some persuasion from coworkers started a reef. Right now it only has live rock, because I am being a little picky on what to put in it. I tend to be someone who thinks about a purchase for way too long before pulling the trigger.

Anyways,
24x24x16 rimless
I built a 24x24 stand
Aquaray 1500xg LED fixture
30lbs random live rock, 20lbs tonga
Going with a naked sandbed

winivp.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0497.jpg
    IMAG0497.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 160

spscrackhead

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Nick, I am 22 and this is my 5.5 soon to be sps tank
tank2 003_1.jpg
I had a 75 sps tank when i was younger and lived at home but had to break it down when my room mates(cough parents cough) weren't too happy about a leak the tank had. Due to expenses(going to school living on my own) I have to keep this small and affordable. I shouldn't even really have this but I couldn't stay away! Free sexy corals would be an amazing way to help keep this affordable and get the tank off to a great start!

Last edited:

playah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi my name is Wes i have a 75 gal tank that i started up about 6 months ago and now just started getting into coarl in fact just got some from harry today and they look really nice ,thats how i found you guys . The reason i got into this is because of how the tank i saw at a dr office it was amazing started looking around and then i was hooked . i really enjoy looking and learning about this hobby i gave up my other hobby to go with this one. its really somethinn when you take the tank and turn it into your own living ocean that what i created . btw those coarls are amazing and hope that one day mine will look like that. but gor now we have 6 coarls and hope i do well with them

mfdrookie516

Certified Redneck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jonathan here. Just starting my first reef tank. I've been a planted tank enthusiast up until this point. Rather than posting more pictures, perhaps linking my intro thread (with pics of my planted tanks), and my build thread would be better... as both contain my background and plans for this tank. A 'starter pack' would be fantastic, as available funding by the boss (wife) is starting to run thin from the cost of the equipment so far. Hoping to set my tank up this weekend or early next week.. but not until I'm 100% ready :)

Build

Intro

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to all the new members and I'd also like to point out the active contests we have located in the contest and give a way forum, be sure to check them out!

fingas

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to all the new members and I'd also like to point out the active contests we have located in the contest and give a way forum, be sure to check them out!

I will have to check it out because this one is apparently going nowhere.

OP
OP
sexycorals

sexycorals

Bringing Sexy BACK!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy goshhhhhhh sorry about this guys!! Been
Crazy around here and forgot about this!!

Skins do me a favor!!

If u have time please put the the number of all the participants in a hat and draw two names for me! I think there's less than 15 people so it should be easy!

SmokeyCFH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it's all good man, if there's one thing we all learn with owning reef tanks, it's that patience is key. Thank you for your generosity and for having some of the sexiest coral's alive.

Buchananlion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I have a 29g reef that has been up for 2 and a half months! Currently the only things I have are 2 clowns and a torch coral and I'm looking to add some more!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323550224.952752.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323550224.952752.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 160

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyy goshhhhhhh sorry about this guys!! Been
Crazy around here and forgot about this!!

Skins do me a favor!!

If u have time please put the the number of all the participants in a hat and draw two names for me! I think there's less than 15 people so it should be easy!

Sure no problem!

Congrats you two, contact Mike at Sexy Corals to claim your prizes!

Rules? Rules? Thats no fun. LOL

First off, Thansk for the little raffle. Always a great thing to help keep us slackers motivated.

I'm kinda new, and been back in the SW world for about six months. We had a tank when I was growing up (125gal), and it was always something to look forward to with my father on the weekends was to go to the LFS. Now that my daughter is almost 4, we decided to start a small 55 gal. I soon became afflicted with MTS, and have a bunch of tanks now, but only 2 running. A small 10 gal fresh, and a 55 gal sw. Had my share of experiences and failures along the way, but I now have a healthy tank, and actually just got my first frags a couple weeks ago.

Here's a picture of my current setup.

tankCorals001.jpg

I have more rock curing in a 30 gal now that will be added. (guess that means I have 3 tanks, forgot about my 30 gal QT tank.) Gotta rescape my tank to give the corals different heights to see where they're happy.

This is awesome! Gotta love sexy corals! Personally, I've had freshwater for around 10 years now and I've had most everything from a predator tank to a goldfish tank and I've always been enamored by saltwater aquariums but always though it would be too difficult or too expensive. Well about 4 or so months ago I started my first saltwater tank, and I'm having a blast watching it progress. I have a 20g with a 10g sump, Hamilton PC lighting, Current USA chiller, CPR skimmer, about 20lbs of live rock and about 10lbs in the sump, 15lbs of live sand, a solid clean up crew and a few beginner corals that seem to be thriving (which I'm thrilled about!), and a few damsels. I absolutely LOVE this hobby!

DSCN3837.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back