Christmas greeting.gif

Welcome to R2R. Glad your here.

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am inheriting my husbands 32 gallon Biocube, unfortunately with the pandemic he has to work 2 jobs so he’s not home to take care of the tank. I am trying to learn everything I can as quickly as I can to help him with weekly water changes and such. He’s been battling for months this green hair like algae and I’m doing my own research trying to determine what we can do to eliminate it. It really loves to grow around his I think he calls it a zoa garden and a gsp. The hermit crabs all carry some on their shells too... I try to pick as much of it off as I can but it’s a battle. I love our clowns and my pulsing Xenia coral. I am so excited to learn as I go along. I’m willing to take any tips and tricks to help my husband with his favorite hobby. :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Welcome to R2R - I am going through a green hair algae outburst myself, my tank has been running for about a year. I attributed it to high nutrient import, I was feeding A TON, and did not have the proper filtration. Even when I stopped my feeding regiment and leveled out my parameters, the algae had all the fuel it needed to thrive. I have been treating it with consistent water changes, manual removal (toothbrush) on the rock, and target feeding. I've seen small improvements and I think they key to success is slow and steady to reefing. Hope that helps and good luck!

Big Bosha

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the reef. Your journey has only just begun, as many of the helpful members on here can attest to. You will love this forum, and theres just about nothing that the members here cant answer.
fish splashing GIF

You have been officially welcomed by the holy puffer water.

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Thanks for tank sitting!
Lang hairy algae is what we all battle to some extend. Clean up crew is most helpful. If you could put your snails to work. If you want to work systemic, you try to decrease phosphate that serves as fertilizer, if you can remove the rocks a few drops of peroxide helps locally (3% Walmart). Be careful not to carry over too much of it into the display. Happy reefing!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am inheriting my husbands 32 gallon Biocube, unfortunately with the pandemic he has to work 2 jobs so he’s not home to take care of the tank. I am trying to learn everything I can as quickly as I can to help him with weekly water changes and such. He’s been battling for months this green hair like algae and I’m doing my own research trying to determine what we can do to eliminate it. It really loves to grow around his I think he calls it a zoa garden and a gsp. The hermit crabs all carry some on their shells too... I try to pick as much of it off as I can but it’s a battle. I love our clowns and my pulsing Xenia coral. I am so excited to learn as I go along. I’m willing to take any tips and tricks to help my husband with his favorite hobby. :)

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Hello and welcome to the channel.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back