New to RODI

bvickery1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grabbed an RODI system for my eventual SW tank as well as my FW planted. So far initial looks good but will wait a bit. But do have a few questions:

1) How important is it to have 3 meters on the system? If so, where?
2) I currently can run from my kitchen sink but will be set-up as needed. Will there be difference in TDS and water pressure?
3) Advantage for me to run it off the washing machine spigot is I can permanently mount system to the wall compared to setup/break down as needed.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have, the RO Buddy? I also set mine up in the laundry room beside the washing machine. It’s a bit tight but it sure beats installing it and taking it down every time.

OP
OP
bvickery1974

bvickery1974

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you have, the RO Buddy? I also set mine up in the laundry room beside the washing machine. It’s a bit tight but it sure beats installing it and taking it down every time.
BRS 5 stage. 150gpd. Like less waste water.

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh you mean like I do? hahaha...yeah it sucks. I currently have renovations going on and until they redo my laundry room, I have to slum it with the faucet adapter blues man.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That makes sense, thank you. Is there any other benefit to theirs? We bought the buddy with di system but didn’t set it up yet
The one they got will use the standard filter cartridges while the RO Buddy uses proprietary filters. I am not a fan of the RO Buddy because of having to use their filters, but it is compact if space is an issue. There are plenty of people that use them without any issues.

The only advantage of having two membranes in series is increased production rate and decreased waste water, however it will deplete the di resin a little quicker.

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one they got will use the standard filter cartridges while the RO Buddy uses proprietary filters. I am not a fan of the RO Buddy because of having to use their filters, but it is compact if space is an issue. There are plenty of people that use them without any issues.

The only advantage of having two membranes in series is increased production rate and decreased waste water, however it will deplete the di resin a little quicker.
Thank you for explaining.. I’ll have to look into it more!

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 45 32.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 26.3%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back