OP
M

Mike3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome jurassic park GIF
Thanks so much everyone. So I am going to look at the tank today. I’m going to find out how long it’s been up. Should I still grab the lawnmower blenny ? To help with the algae on the rocks ?

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently did a 15% water change on a 90 gallon. 3 days later I think Dino algae appeared. I’ve researched blackouts and possible hydrogen peroxide treatment. There is some particles on the top of the substrate I want to siphon off just for appearance sake. Just the surface. Would this make the situation worse? I was also going to add a lawnmower blenny to try and help with the algae on the live rocks and possibly a watchman to get a maintenance crew started. I really appreciate any and all help. I’m new.
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently did a 15% water change on a 90 gallon. 3 days later I think Dino algae appeared. I’ve researched blackouts and possible hydrogen peroxide treatment. There is some particles on the top of the substrate I want to siphon off just for appearance sake. Just the surface. Would this make the situation worse? I was also going to add a lawnmower blenny to try and help with the algae on the live rocks and possibly a watchman to get a maintenance crew started. I really appreciate any and all help. I’m new.

Welcome! Glad you joined

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

You don't really say what type of algae and how bad it is; no pictures. For those reasons don't want to advise lawnmower blenny despite your two posts in this thread inquiring. Instead knowing your water parameters and getting to heart of what is causing algae is more important that being instantly reactionary. If this is brand new tank coming out of cycle and just in ugly phase, then suggest ride it out for a while but work on controlling nitrate and phosphate numbers - those and white lights are the fuel for algae (if it is even algae bugging you in your tank).

Hang in there!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back