New to saltwater

w98789

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone. Wanted to introduce myself, I am completely brand new to reef tanks and saltwater alone for that matter, so a newbie. A decade ago I joined the aquarium hobby ago doing freshwater and been doing that since. I currently have a 65 gallon tall that is low tech planted and I can share pictures if anyone is interested. But now im ready for saltwater!! The learning curve from fresh to salt seems steep, and I have been intimidated at times, but im also a guy who loves the hobby because of all the learning and can sit for hours each day researching and planning. I think I'll be fine with all the advice available on here.
A couple days ago I got a partial setup with lights, 120g tank, stand, and a couple other accessories from a seller on Reef2Reef. I'll be doing my first build journal ever and look forward to sharing with you all for feedback

Avast

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

BRS
Avast
BRS

Fish Think Pink

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello everyone. Wanted to introduce myself, I am completely brand new to reef tanks and saltwater alone for that matter, so a newbie. A decade ago I joined the aquarium hobby ago doing freshwater and been doing that since. I currently have a 65 gallon tall that is low tech planted and I can share pictures if anyone is interested. But now im ready for saltwater!! The learning curve from fresh to salt seems steep, and I have been intimidated at times, but im also a guy who loves the hobby because of all the learning and can sit for hours each day researching and planning. I think I'll be fine with all the advice available on here.
A couple days ago I got a partial setup with lights, 120g tank, stand, and a couple other accessories from a seller on Reef2Reef. I'll be doing my first build journal ever and look forward to sharing with you all for feedback
Welcome!

Looking forward to seeing your build thread and hearing about your upcoming success!

lelandmarine

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 186 47.2%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 87 22.1%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 64 16.2%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 50 12.7%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.8%
NYOS