New to saltwater!

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone,

My name is Nat and im new to the wonderful world of saltwater aquariums. While i dont have a reef i do have a pet lobster named Larry! I saved him from kids that got him from a grocery store amd were hurting him! I was able to keep him at my work (seafood restaurant with a tank) until i established a tank for him. I brought him home yesterday, took his elastics off and he seems to be one happy lobster now! He has a beautiful 75 gallon tank with a chiller and i'm so glad hes now part of the family. I know its crazy but i had to save him! Lol!! I joined in case I need some help or advice so thanks in advance!!!
Have a wonderful day and thank you for having me!!!

Snapchat-936583821.jpg

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi nat . Welcome to the club .

I have never researched lobsters , especially ones of size to be eaten . I’d be cautious with guests that all of a sudden want to visit Larry .

what do you feed them ?
Haha! The guest cant come in if they r hungry! I feed him raw scallops and shrimp! Gonna get my hands on some mussels for him to so he can manipulate the shells for dexterity in his claws and entertainment! Also going to try fish at some point! I'm going with the flow because their is not much understandably on the internet advice wise for a pet maritime lobster lol!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does make sense … I wouldn’t be able to eat something I’ve bought , cared for as a pet to raise to pan size ( or pot size )

that being said not having access to helpful information to guide you in the proper direction isn’t good .

OP
OP
Natadactyl

Natadactyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does make sense … I wouldn’t be able to eat something I’ve bought , cared for as a pet to raise to pan size ( or pot size )

that being said not having access to helpful information to guide you in the proper direction isn’t good .
Yes thats why i joined! Figured i could get some advice! I only want the best for him!!! I pretty much read anything i can get my hands on in relation to maritime lobster lol! I want to be as knowledgeable as possible so he gets the best care i can possibly give him! Love that little guy and no butter is getting near him lol

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes thats why i joined! Figured i could get some advice! I only want the best for him!!! I pretty much read anything i can get my hands on in relation to maritime lobster lol! I want to be as knowledgeable as possible so he gets the best care i can possibly give him! Love that little guy and no butter is getting near him lol
Lemon is supposedly good too .

raised by east coast parents , lobsters were poplar family gathering dinners .
I dislike it and refuse to eat it .

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back