New to Schenectady

Regina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am a recent transplant to the Schenectady area. I am resurrecting an old RSM130D. I've been out of the hobby for a good 6-7 years. THINGS have changed! Especially prices! I am looking for local enthusiasts to help me with questions and referrals. Are there any local clubs or meetings? I am currently cycling and will be adding a CUC next week. TIA

Gellisjr1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the capital region. My name is Gordon Ellis. I am also located in Schenectady. I don't know of any reef clubs in the area, but I also would be interested in joining a local club. If you have any questions about setting up a new reef tank or equipment. I will be happy to help.

I have a couple dates saved on my calendar for some frag swaps that are up coming. I can share those if you would be interested. The main one I am looking forward to is Reefapalooza being held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

https://reefapaloozashow.net/pages/new-york

I just got back into the hobby myself. My current tank is a 35 gallon rimless cube reef tank. The tank has been set up for almost a year. I am currently working on plumbing a 20 gallon tank into the sump system of my 35 gallon. This is going to be a display refugium with some soft corals and a couple black & white Storm Clown fish. Hopefully i will get to work on it this week on my days off. The picture is a recent photo of my reef.

Cheers!
Gordon.

Attachments

• 20231205_092557.jpg
    20231205_092557.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 26

schmittym7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to upstate....I'm local to the area over in Halfmoon. I got back into reefing about 3 years ago and currently have a mixed reef Waterbox 130. My tank has hit the 2+ year mark and with it some new challenges and learning experiences. Never a dull moment in the hobby! I'm also interested in some local frag swaps in the area or a reefing club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

schmittym7

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the capital region. My name is Gordon Ellis. I am also located in Schenectady. I don't know of any reef clubs in the area, but I also would be interested in joining a local club. If you have any questions about setting up a new reef tank or equipment. I will be happy to help.

I have a couple dates saved on my calendar for some frag swaps that are up coming. I can share those if you would be interested. The main one I am looking forward to is Reefapalooza being held at the Meadowlands Exposition Center in Secaucus, NJ.

https://reefapaloozashow.net/pages/new-york

I just got back into the hobby myself. My current tank is a 35 gallon rimless cube reef tank. The tank has been set up for almost a year. I am currently working on plumbing a 20 gallon tank into the sump system of my 35 gallon. This is going to be a display refugium with some soft corals and a couple black & white Storm Clown fish. Hopefully i will get to work on it this week on my days off. The picture is a recent photo of my reef.

Cheers!
Gordon.
Nice coral selection and tank! If you could share some info on the frag swaps, it would be great!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back