New to the hobby

Welcome to the Reef. If your tank will be just fish I would pick some cheap LED. If you think corals are going to come down that line then I would look into lighting more, no reason to spend money to just upgrade again. Just buy something good the first time around.

I like the Current USA IC Pro lights for fish only, or softy tanks. the have a built in time, moonlight hours, you can customize the colors.
 
Welcome to R2R (:
I'd say for lighting you should look on the "selling (dry goods)" forum posts and snag up some affordable used models of LED fixtures! Also, you could just look into the Viparspectra LED fixtures on Amazon, I have used them before with great success and they are awesome options that look clean and even has a timer!
 
received_244003776723671.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
thank you everyone for the great suggestions. i already have a few more models to look into now. anyone have any suggestions on a couple good foods to feed clownfish?

this forum is so awesome, exactly what i was looking for.
 
Hi all, very excited to start my first saltwater fish only tank. I have a 55 gal and have everything except a filter and light. I was thinking a HOB Aquaclear 110 for the filter and i would appreciate any info on inexpensive lights, preferably with a timer either included or as an add on.
Welcome to R2R and saltwater.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new