New to the Salt World

MacFishBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I am going on three years of running my saltwater tank. I had been so use to fresh water tanks I wasn’t sure I could handle this, but after a couple years, a new tank, a sump set up and tons and tons of reading on Reef2Reef forums I think I’m getting the hang of it.
I need some advice, I have been using the API drops testing kit for monitoring the levels of my tank but I am feeling like it isn’t very accurate especially when it comes to the PH and Nitrate levels. I saw there is a fantastic Hannah brand giveaway going on... if I don’t win it, (I never win anything) would you all say it’s worth investing the money and buying?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! There is a range of opinions - I personally use several of the Hanna checkers and find them helpful.

Clownfish.gif

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome :) Some of their products are great for checking parameters. I really like their alkalinity checker and also have their calcium checker which is a little harder to use. I use salifert test kits as well which are highly recommended as an alternative. Good luck!

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I use hanna salinity checker, dkh checker, nitrate checker, and ph i use a cheap meter i got off amazon.API is good for ammonia only IMO. i use red sea for calcium and salifert for magnesium. Hope it helps. POST YOUR TANK I WANNNA SEEEE

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to in my opinion on of the best hobbies in the world! This hobby is an opportunity to recreate a piece of the ocean in the comfort of your home! Reef2Reef is a great place to be to learn all about the hobby, and can find some valuable resources!

If you are looking for maybe something to watch on your free time and get a better for feel for reef keeping come check out my channel on YouTube! Could be some helpful tips! Hope to chat soon, cheers!

IMG_1502.jpg

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!
I am going on three years of running my saltwater tank. I had been so use to fresh water tanks I wasn’t sure I could handle this, but after a couple years, a new tank, a sump set up and tons and tons of reading on Reef2Reef forums I think I’m getting the hang of it.
I need some advice, I have been using the API drops testing kit for monitoring the levels of my tank but I am feeling like it isn’t very accurate especially when it comes to the PH and Nitrate levels. I saw there is a fantastic Hannah brand giveaway going on... if I don’t win it, (I never win anything) would you all say it’s worth investing the money and buying?
Welcome to the fishy family!! I REALLY want to get the salinity checker. I think it is a personal preference. Maybe if I could try the Hannah Checker for Alk, etc. at a LFS or fellow reefers place, I'd jump in. We all discover whet we like best. I'm growing to hate anything colormetric, so hoping to win that give a way, too. LOL

OP
OP
MacFishBabies

MacFishBabies

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the fishy family!! I REALLY want to get the salinity checker. I think it is a personal preference. Maybe if I could try the Hannah Checker for Alk, etc. at a LFS or fellow reefers place, I'd jump in. We all discover whet we like best. I'm growing to hate anything colormetric, so hoping to win that give a way, too. LOL
Thanks, Hahaha yea wouldn’t winning be a nice clean and easy way to switch over!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back