New to the Salt World

Welcome to R2R! If your tank is not experiencing any issues, and you don't have any particularly sensitive tank inhabitants, I'd lean towards possibly switching them out as you use the old test kits up. If you are battling an issue, or have sensitive tank inhabitants, it might be cheaper to upgrade to Hanna (or similar) now vice trying to treat a problem based on skewed numbers. My personal tank doesn't have anything super sensitive, so as long as there is no apparent issue, I look for consistency from test to test vice trying to get my tank numbers to exactly match accepted preferred parameters.
 
Hello and welcome to R2R!
goofy movie hello GIF
 
Hi there!
I am going on three years of running my saltwater tank. I had been so use to fresh water tanks I wasn’t sure I could handle this, but after a couple years, a new tank, a sump set up and tons and tons of reading on Reef2Reef forums I think I’m getting the hang of it.
I need some advice, I have been using the API drops testing kit for monitoring the levels of my tank but I am feeling like it isn’t very accurate especially when it comes to the PH and Nitrate levels. I saw there is a fantastic Hannah brand giveaway going on... if I don’t win it, (I never win anything) would you all say it’s worth investing the money and buying?
Welcome!

I use some of the Hanna checkers, but not those particular ones so I'll defer to others.
 
Welcome to R2R. I agree with what has already been said. I used to use Salifert and got cons reading which matched LG’s readings. I now use Hannah for alk and low range phos. I now use Red Sea Pro for calcium and magnesium as I like the titration. I also use their nitrate test.
Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
 
Hanna checker very simple to use

welcome58.jpg
 
Welcome!
I would like to win the Hanna test kit too, like you I don't win anything. I use salifert and am happy with the results. From what I heard on R2R stay away from API.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new