New torch coral is dying

Other torch seems to be doing well. I was only able to do one dip treatment because of work schedule and since then it has been happy with tentacles extended and no further tissue recession. Seems like the reef is happy again! Thanks everyone for your input and suggestions.
 
This sounds promising I do wish you the best and hope it pulls through
 
if your other corals are all fine then one of two causes. 1. It was already messed up before you got it, or during the shipping it was too hard on it. or 2. its got a bacterial infection. be careful because if it is a bacterial infection, it will spread to your other Euphyllia. there are other infections that dont cause BJD like symptoms. i know because it happened to me. i lost 3 torches and 2 hammers to an infection. by the time i realized it was bacterial i had already lost em. i ended up doing a cipro dose in my tank and that saved the rest. if i was you i would do a KFC dip immediately. and even then, its prob already too late. sorry man. sucks that is a BEAUTFIUL coral to lose. SMh.
 
i think he meant recover. they have a recover product meant to help infections
Restor is a product for helping lps recover from bleaching due to fragging and light exposure but it also is a good amino supplement to help their health in general when having an issue. Will not fix infection though.
 
Restor is a product for helping lps recover from bleaching due to fragging and light exposure but it also is a good amino supplement to help their health in general when having an issue. Will not fix infection though.
their site does say "aids in freshly fragged coral recovery", but its still just amino acids, its like dosing AB+. Its coral food. i guess in a way, food can help everything recover lol. :)
 
their site does say "aids in freshly fragged coral recovery", but its still just amino acids, its like dosing AB+. Its coral food. i guess in a way, food can help everything recover lol. :)
Not my wallet after coral sale
 
No more signs of BJD but dealing with green hair algae and cyano coming back. On the bright side, I picked up a 90 gal used tank so I am upgrading soon. Stay tuned. :)
 
That needs a KFC dip immediately, that’s the only thing that has a chance to work
Yes, at this point I’d try kfc. Can also try Microbelift dosing. I recently saved a sick HG of mine by moving to higher PAR and dosing microbelift to the tank.
Yeah I should say all thanks to @Moe K . I did a dip in reef primer too. Didn’t know you were on her Moe or else I’d of tagged you earlier. Thanks again for the help.
 
Last edited:
If you like torches I'd looking into kfc dip I will just sometimes randomly dose my tank with ciprofloxacin seems to help keep brown jelly away

Random dosing of cipro could also create a strain that is resistant. Maybe..
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new