New toy NexReef MR1

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a new toy! Don't know how to use it!!!!:cry:

I have a little Hair algae growing and wanted to get it under control so I picked up a NexReef MR1. I am not sure how much Rowa to put in it, I started with about 1/2 cup. The LFS said I should see a dramatic drop in my phosphate, my phosphate is at .08 and it has not changed after 3 days. I added another 1/2 cup today I am afraid of shocking the system, is this too much for a 100 gallon tank?

I think I probably should of gone with the shorty, I have a tendency of going overkill on everything, 1/2 cup in that cylinder looks goofy. I also noticed that the Rowa has separated, the large material has gone to the bottom and is not moving and the lighter stuff has gone to the top. Only the stuff on the top is moving is this normal? Should it all be moving?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice reactor. I think it's going to take a little more time for you to see a difference. Also it will depend on your feeding patterns as well as your skimmer function. Have you decreased feeding at all and is your skimmer skimming good?

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started feeding a little less and rinsing my frozen foods. I have a Reef Octopus Extreme 160 skimmer but it does not skim much, I have played with the depth of the skimmer between 6 and 8 inches nothing really seems to make much of a difference. I only have 5 small fish and a few corals, not much of a bio load in a 100 gallons of water + I do a 10 gallon water change once a week. Should all the Rowa all be tumbling in the reactor?

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back