New Vectra, can't tune overflow

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Joe31415

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TL;DR, has anyone had any issues with the speed on Vectra pumps not holding steady?

Since I set up my tank about a year ago, I've been running a Hygger return pump with no major issues. Maybe two or three times a month I'd have to adjust the valve on the overflow drain, but generally it remained stable (or corrected itself within a day or so).
About a week ago I changed over to a Vectra S2. Since then, it seems like I need to adjust the valve almost every day. It's either running to fast and sending water down the overflow or running too slow and draining the overflow box.
As I type this, I'm wondering if it might just be running too fast, or at least faster than my previous pump was running. I do notice the filter section of my sump tends to have a might higher water level than before, but that's not a big deal. I also notice that a lot of the noise/gurgling I'm hearing seems to be not the typical gurgling from the drains, but it seems like it might be air bubbles making it through the bulkhead (on the tank, between the weir and the overflow box).
I'll have to try turning the pump down further to see if maybe that gives air bubbles a chance to escape while they're in the weir instead of getting forced through the bulkhead as well as being able to get the valve tuned more easily.

I do also notice more noise when the weir gets enough algae built up on it. While that seems to be a new problem, I'm not sure I can blame it on the pump. It could be the pump moving water faster and dislodging more algae, but it's also very possible I'm just on to a different stage of algae that breaks free easier.

Rando

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ohh, the same here with my M1. After the last firmware update via Mobius, the Vectra M1 pump goes crazy. Since then I have to get up every night because the overflow is unbearably loud. The pump ran for 3 years without any problems and since the update you can basically no longer use it. I separated her from Mobius and downgraded her .. But it looks like Ecotech shot her into Nevana via update.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 135 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back