OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he's absolutely beautiful. Even very very colorful in the bag floating in the sump to warm up. haha. I'm so happy with them, and next week I should get my female flame to boot. :)

Can you tell I'm super excited? haha. I've been working on that mesh top slowly for the last month in anticipation of tonight.

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm partial to the flames. I've got a pair and I'd love to add a few more females to make a nice harem. Beautiful collection you've got now.

Michael7979

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the Lineatus wrasse is really one of the best looking wrasses in the hobby.
I would like to try one but I have some quick moving larger fish and I'm to scared they would freak out and JUMP!

Good Luck with them. They all are gorgeous!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations. You are officially hooked my friend.:bigsmile:
All of them look superb. The red tail on the Lineatus just proves it. Very nice......

jabberkaycee

Aquatic Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love wrasses and the Lineatus is one of my favorites. The colors are amazing. I'm still trying to decide if I want to add another wrasse, it's so tempting.... Great score!!

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do guys, thanks for the great comments. My buddy said the owner of the wholesaler picked and bagged them up himself to make sure everything went great.

The Rhomboid was out and about most of the night, and the blue jaw trigger was showing off a bit for him, swimming around with his dorsal fins spread out, trying to look big and strong, when in reality, he's a baby.

The Lineatus was hiding in a cave most of the time...poor Picassos were mad cause thats where they sleep.

The Flame was in and out, swimming around with his fins spread out, and then back to hiding. I can't wait to get him a female next week, should be fun.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I'll get some better pictures of them tomorrow if they are out more. The flame really doesn't' look great in the pics compared to what I saw when he was swimming around tonight.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, almost forgot, but when I fed some Rods Reef tonight, both the Rhomboid and Flame ate pretty good, but the Lineatus stayed in the little cave. He looks healthy, so hopefully he'll brave the waters tomorrow.

mizzoumed02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking! I want to get a Lineatus sometime soon. I think they are Great looking! Did you pick them up at a local store or did you buy them off line somewhere?

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking! I want to get a Lineatus sometime soon. I think they are Great looking! Did you pick them up at a local store or did you buy them off line somewhere?

I got them from a special order from a wholesaler. My buddy can order straight from them, so its nice to have access to such a wide variety of fish. Too bad I can't pay those wholesale prices :(

The Lineatus is gorgeous, I was surprised at his color when taking him out of the bag.

mizzoumed02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, Cool. I need to find a connection like that. My LFS can special order stuff for me if I ask, but you never really know what your going to get.

OP
OP
btkrausen

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, Cool. I need to find a connection like that. My LFS can special order stuff for me if I ask, but you never really know what your going to get.

Yeah, I've been lucky to have a good buddy like him. Cheaper fish and good company :)

Mantis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait until you see the lienatus in the morning... He will be really bright orange... Until the lights come on, or at least my guys does...

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back