Newbie from Ohio!

pgsonier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I'm Patrick and I'm so excited to be here and join in on the conversation! As you can tell from the title, I'm pretty new to the reefing hobby. I had a saltwater tank (FOWLR) before, but it was a horrible experience as most of my livestock died and the one's that I could save I had to take to my local saltwater store and sell them. That was about six years ago and I've been wanting to get back into the hobby and give it another try! I've never cared for corals or had a reef tank before, so this is going to be a new experience for me. I just ordered a Waterbox Peninsula 25 and plan on focusing on making it into a reef aquarium with a few clownfish, a goby, and a cleaner crew. My favorite fish of all, as evident by my avatar, is the queen angelfish! I'm probably going to be on here a lot to get as much advice as I can so things go a lot better than my last time around. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you better and I'm always up for a chat, so don't be shy! Please say hello below and if you don't mind, drop the best advice you can give to a newbie reefer! Thanks!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Patric and welcome back to the hobby. The journey to success is always hard but new advances in the technology and better established practices make it a lot easier than 6 years ago. Also the forum is chocked full of real talented and helpful members.

Last edited:

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l0MYDEPLWRWbJoRuU.gif

Welcome to R2R!!!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!! I encourage you to focus on becoming a really good water keeper - you're fish, inverts, and corals will thank you.

Clownfish.gif

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back