W

Wilsonbem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome

With little real estate left in your tank, you might consider another tank for the BTA. BTAs do not stay in place, and they will kill your corals. Also possible for coral to kill anemones including BTAs.

While we have multiple anemones hosting multiple clowns, we are giving our BTAs away this week. They may stay in one place for months or longer, but then when they decide to roam, there must be a reef law that says go to your favorite and/or most expensive coral and kill it. We gave the anemone's 1/3 of our tank and cut back from 13 to 4, but now those last 4 must leave us because they just aren't compatible with our corals.
Thats a bummer, my tank is crammed full with only a small space to put a BTA. I was hoping to place a small dish buried in the sand and hope to place him there and not wander across the sans and depending on direction he will either climb the glass or meet a Torch or Hammer.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a bummer, my tank is crammed full with only a small space to put a BTA. I was hoping to place a small dish buried in the sand and hope to place him there and not wander across the sans and depending on direction he will either climb the glass or meet a Torch or Hammer.
Yep. Massive Bummer.

We are transitioning from BTAs to Rock Flower Anemones (RFAs) as these haven't moved (so far ... in this hobby - everything is fine until it is not...) RFAs don't seem to host clown fish, but due to cutting back on BTAs my Xenia (willingly? has no choice) hosts at least 1 clown during day but recently has held as many as 3 clownfish. We have 7 "Nemos" but mix of clown types (had 13 BTAs)

ForTheLoveOfCoral21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! By far the best place for reefing information on the internet.

Feel free to ask anything you need help with and you will be amazed at the responses you get. Everyone is so willing to help all the time.

You will make lifelong friends and have a blast here with us! Glad you found your way here.

Happy Monday!

happy labor day GIF

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, just joined the forum, I live in the UK. I have a Red Sea 300ltr XL reefer setup which has been cycling for 10 weeks. My ammonia dud drop to zero after 6 weeks bur my nitrite hovers around 0.2. Nonetheless I introduced a pair of percula Clowns, I have since introduced the following over the past 4 weeks, in this oder, CB, Bicolor, LM Blenny, Koi Dwarf Parrot, Regal Angel, Fixface, a Shedf full of corals too many to mention and 4 shrimps (2 are cleaners). All fish getting on with each other without aggression, I must be very lucky to get away with it. This weekend will prob by my final addition, the YellowTang. Prob next month consider a dosing pump. Absolutely thrilled, still nitrite being stubborn and just won't go to zero, I guess the tank is busy coping with the bio load as ammonia stays between zero and 0.1. My question is ref the BTA. I want my 2 Clowns to host but concerned there is little real estate left on my aquascape. Do the BTA destroy corals if they crawled over them or do the crawl around existing corals.
Welcome to R2R!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back