OP
Scott B.

Scott B.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both aiptasia and bubble algae are easy to fix issues--congrats on getting a mature reef! Make sure you transfer all the rock over (you can do new sand, that doesn't matter, the rock does, though.) For aiptasia, you can buy bergia nudibranchs who will take care of it over a couple of weeks, and/or some peppermint shrimp who will help out, and will also become a valuable member of your clean-up crew. For bubble algae, getting the nutrients back to the right levels (new or rinsed sand will help with that--I would highly recommend not using the old sand unless you rinse it) will probably zap that, otherwise, you can start dosing Vibrant, which I've had success with completely annihilating bubble algae, every time I have tried it.
The guy I purchased the reef tank from had 140lbs of new sand. 7 bags of Fuji pink. We will be replacing all of the sand :)

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy I purchased the reef tank from had 140lbs of new sand. 7 bags of Fuji pink. We will be replacing all of the sand :)
NICE! Wow, you're jumping in with a great deal, and you'll skip most of the heartache all of us had to go through with new tanks. Jealous.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Can’t wait to see how the tank cleans up.
C2C4C667-10CA-4B18-BD3A-7F510CA1945C.gif

OP
OP
Scott B.

Scott B.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the tank moved. 7 hour adventure lol. Kept most of the rock and added about 20lbs of new flat shelf rock. Picked up some cleanup crew. 6 Emerald crabs, 6 Peppermint shrimp, Aptasia eating file fish ( he hasn't eaten any yet :-( ) tank came with 2 black and white striped Clown fish, a black with red tail fin goby ( I think it's a goby) and a convict and Pistol Shrimp. I already had two orange Clownfish, a yellow tail damsel. I went out and got a yellow watchman goby for the Pistol Shrimp. Everything is going well so far. I also just purchased 14 Nudibranch to help with the aptasia since the peppermint shrimp and file fish don't seem to be eating any of it lol

Attachments

• 20210129_212423_HDR.jpg
    20210129_212423_HDR.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 10

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the world of saltwater, better yet welcome to the world of Reef2Reef! Ree2Reef is the worlds largest saltwater aquarium online platform and an amazing place to dive deep into information and reach out to people in the hobby that could possibly answer your questions!

Another great site to find dedicated reefers is on YouTube! I myself have started to grow my own channel in this past year and have had a lot of fun doing it! My channel could help you out in your introduction to the hobby, and honestly you could pick up some tips and tricks along the way! Hope you get a chance to check it out, and once again welcome to R2R!

Back