Newbie Tank

LilNemo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2014
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 29g tank. Today is the first full week of the cycling process. Lighting will be in today, YAY! Here is a few pictures. I apologize in advance due to any poor quality as I'm not a professional photographer. :)
 

Attachments

  • DSC00716.jpg
    DSC00716.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC00717.jpg
    DSC00717.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 169
  • DSC00718.jpg
    DSC00718.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 181
I'm getting the Coralife Lunar Aqualight Quad T5 HO light fixture. It includes 2-HO T5 10,000K bulbs, 2-HO T5 actinic bulbs, and 2-LED bulbs. Just to make sure before I open it when it arrives, will this lighting system be ok?
 
Sounds like a good light to me. You should be able to keep most anything you want with a quad t5 on that small of a tank. You may want to look around on the lighting forums for good combinations of bulbs to use for good coral growth and coloration. The combo you have in 10k and actinics will get you started.
ATI makes real good bulbs that have lots of good reviews.
 
Last edited:
Great start!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new