newbies tank from the UK

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres a few pics of my tank, the pics are taken from a camera phone as my actual camera had no batteries. Anyway please comment on the tank or anything else that comes to mind afterall thats the reason we share photos! the zoas i have are jus frags but under my lights afew polyps are spreading from 3 to 15 polyps in around 2 months. The set-up i have is not very well known in England infact i was warned against doing it but its the caulerpa/miracle mud setup with the sump tank underneath. there wasnt much info online and all my local shops had never tried it and told me the safer option would be the berlin system...however,,,i had a 5 foot setup with 2 external filter b4 and lost a few fish, corals looked dull and always had some sort of algae prob...i changed to this system and all i can say is wow! iv had probs such as my blue kisses zoanthid got zoa pox when i 1st brought it in but that cleared up, i had an outbrake of Aiptasia, however after doing alot of worrying the stuff cleared up as soon as my tank finsihed cycling and iv not had probs since...i have no phosphates or nitrates in the water for the 1st time ever! anyway heres some pics...any questions let me know and please comment!

Attachments

• resixed.JPG
    resixed.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 182
  • resized2.JPG
    resized2.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 160
OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a closer pic of my main zoanthids...here you can find blue kisses..eagle eye...radioactive dragon eye...AOI...and some Armour Of God palys..are any of these rare in the usa? bcos you cant buy these in the shops in england i got mine from an online dealer..i was keping marine corals for a year b4 i even knew about zoanthids you just dont see them in the UK except for the brown dull polyps

Attachments

• resized 3.JPG
    resized 3.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 166
OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a pic of some bluey purply tonga mushrooms. must admit i dont know much about these but would like someone from the US to tell me if these are rare over there because once again you cant buy these in UK shops and this was 1st time i seen them from an online dealer as well so these are very rare in the uk

Attachments

• resized 4.JPG
    resized 4.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 162
OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres a nice shot that gets sum of my ricordea and some zoas. please comment people!

Attachments

• reszied 5.JPG
    reszied 5.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
last pic for 2nite...il post some more soon if i get comments and if people want to see more! here you can see my new fire and ice frag (which i waited for so long for! one of my fav morphs) and if you look closely theres a small tubs blue frag..again my tank should look alot better when the frags grow..please comment though as i will use feedback for the future or building my reef also as im new to keeping zoas if you feel that i have positioned a frag wrongly then please tell me! i have 250watt halides 250,000kelvin.

Attachments

• resized7.JPG
    resized7.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 159

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good! I like the purple tongas, they arent real real common here either.
How about some specs on the tank?

OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, thanks for you're comment...specs on my tank ? i assume you mean like size and stuff? well its around 32"deep..25"wide and 60" long...the sump underneath is about 3 foot long and is full of life it has loads of little shrimp and some sort of filterfeeders that look like white mini seacucumbers.
Lifestock features...a yellow sailfin tang,,regal tang,,common clown,,royal gramma,,yellow tailed damsel...fireball drawf angel, 2 cleaner shrimp and a boxing shrimp and a dwarf reef lobster.

here is another pic this one features my new frags golden dragon eye and desert storm PE also featurd is the result of my 1st fragging! 1 bought a coloney of pink polyps and since then its spreading like wild fire so i pulled afew polyps off and theres the result..not sure whether to keep them or sell them tho cos i now have two separate pink polypd colonies haha

Attachments

• prezised.JPG
    prezised.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
S

spike_501

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and a pic of my yuma..heres 3 shrooms all positioned together, they seem to be doing alrite. are these morphs rare in the usa? yumas are hard to get in the uk but can be found in shops from time to time so arnt as rare as zoanthids

Attachments

• resized yuma.JPG
    resized yuma.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 182

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back