Newly setup 65 gal aquarium...

Choptrucks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys after I flooded my living room with an RO/DI filling the newly 65 gal sys I had just purchased Fishy Business in Austin Tx, I got it up and running and i am having severe micro bubbles coming from the (used)euro reef skimmer out of the exhaust. I have messed with it for quiet some time and its getting the better of me. Its sitting in about 6 inches of water and makes a great foam for the skimmer but the display has micro bubbles in it and is very unsightly. I made sure the venturi on the pump wasnt plugged with calcium deposit or just gunk. Ive turned up the intake and lowered and it seems to do a lot better with it turned down. Now to the question lol, Im wondering if the skimmer is too deep in the water and if it would even change. What should I use to raise the skimmer? Thanks everyone for the help and ill post pictures of the floor remodel from the flood.

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All skimmers will produce microbubbles at their outlet. It's pretty subjective to say how much is too much. You could try moving the skimmer far from the return pump as possible, or even rotate it so the outlet points away from the return.

The venturi is an air inlet and doesn't factor into what you're seeing. If it were plugged, you'd have a decrease in bubbles and foam production.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back