Next fish in 10g

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wanting to get my next fish today. I have a NUVO10 with 4 snails, 2 hermits, a YWG, and a pistol shrimp (they haven't paired up yet after almost a week :( ).

I've always been interested in lawnmower blennies, and my LFS weekend sale has them at $8. They also have bicolor blennies. What's the difference between these two? Are either difficult to feed? Will they be out and active? My YWG I rarely see anymore since he's gotten settled.

Any other small fish suggestions? How about inverts? Can a 10g house a cleaner shrimp? I definitely want to get a small cleaner if it won't be too tight.

Thanks everyone!

Mr. Bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lawnmower and bicolor blennies will be difficult at best to keep in such a small tank. They're both herbivores that spend most of their time grazing on algae. One may also grow too large for a 10g if you can keep it alive.

Here's a link to some of the more suitable nano fish: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...fm?c=15+2124&s=ts&count=24&start=1&page_num=1

As for the cleaner shrimp, yes one can be housed in a nano tank, except you already have a pistol shrimp which actively preys on other shrimp species including cleaners, so it probably wouldn't last long in tight quarters.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lawnmower and bicolor blennies will be difficult at best to keep in such a small tank. They're both herbivores that spend most of their time grazing on algae. One may also grow too large for a 10g if you can keep it alive.

Here's a link to some of the more suitable nano fish: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/...fm?c=15+2124&s=ts&count=24&start=1&page_num=1

As for the cleaner shrimp, yes one can be housed in a nano tank, except you already have a pistol shrimp which actively preys on other shrimp species including cleaners, so it probably wouldn't last long in tight quarters.

Thanks so much. How about a coral banded shrimp? Maybe hold his own better? Or same predatory instinct from pistol Pete? Pete is tiny tiny right now

Mr. Bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Head of the Chesapeake, North East, Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Two spot , Tail spot or a Barnacle blenny are more suitable for a 10g.

I really want a tail spot blenny. Last few times they didn't have one at the LFS. Are they pretty active fish? May just wait until I can find one.

Back