0   0   0
HPT1R2R272a90.gif

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All! I’m new to the forum — joined in Sept, just began posting this past week.

I have a Max Nano that I set up about 7-8 months ago, and I love it! I’m new to the saltwater side of the hobby but grew up w/freshwater tanks here and there. When Covid lockdown began I grabbed myself a small Biorb that I set up on my countertop, planted it up and added a betta… And immediately knew I was gonna go bigger. After the betta fell ill and died I turned the FW setup into a heavily-planted 10g Waterbox cube and added a trio of pea puffers that are still going strong. But I kept dreaming of saltwater.

I live in a NYC studio apt so I guess I just figured a SW tank was something I couldn’t have. Then I found the Max Nano and made space in my living room
Found out how to hook an RO/DI to my kitchen sink, found a collapsible 20g reservoir for mixing water, and the rest is history. Now I have a little mixed reef w/a pair of clowns and a tailspot blenny. Looking to add a pink-streaked wrasse if I can ever find one at a reasonable price.

Pea puffers are super duper hardy and I’ll prob have them for years, but I’d be lying if I said I’d be entirely devastated if I lost them and had to turn the 10g into a SW Caribbean biotope tank w/a flower nem garden…

Hi Lyss and Welcome! You are a 'find a way, make a way' type person!

Glad you found a way to fit saltwater into your life.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back