Nick's Waterbox 100.3

Deiblerj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All you need is a hacksaw which you can get one for like $20 a Home Depot, some roughgrit sandpaper to smooth out the cut ends and a pair of scissors to cut the screen to the right size. The kit comes with all the tools to put the top together.

Depending if your tsk has a rim or not they also sell little hanging clips you can set your screen top on if you don’t have a rim

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the RedSea kit from BRS for my 135.4. It came out good and it's cheaper than the BRS kit, includes the legs for the glass too.
That's what I liked about my Innovative Marine tank; it had clips that the lid sat on.

All you need is a hacksaw which you can get one for like $20 a Home Depot, some roughgrit sandpaper to smooth out the cut ends and a pair of scissors to cut the screen to the right size. The kit comes with all the tools to put the top together.

Depending if your tsk has a rim or not they also sell little hanging clips you can set your screen top on if you don’t have a rim

I have a hacksaw, so I will need to get some sandpaper, the screen, and some clips since the Waterbox is rimless.

Thanks for the recommendations!

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that two of my fish have been scratching against the PVC fittings this evening, so I took a trip to a local shop and picked up a bottle of PraziPro. I'm going to treat the tank with two doses and then give them a break for a few days before starting copper. I'm being cautious with the treatments since wrasses can be more sensitive than other fish.

I live by, and I will die by, my calendar and reminders applications. Being able to quickly schedule tasks like this is invaluable to me.

Screen Shot 2018-12-17 at 8.57.17 PM.png

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just placed an order for the MJV from Vivid Creative Aquatics! That will make the removal of detritus from the sump much easier!

I was moved to order it after performing a water-change on my quarantine tank last night; it sits on the floor, and siphoning water into a bucket at the same height as the tank is incredibly challenging. I tried using the Maxi-Jet, but it didn’t suck up the detritus well since it’s shaped awkwardly for that application. The MJV will make it much easier, and I think the price is fair for the convenience that it will provide.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your experience with the trucking company is a good one and much better than mine was....

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your experience with the trucking company is a good one and much better than mine was....
I’ll find your thread and see what happened.

I’m hoping for a smooth delivery. I’ve seen a few posts about scratches and other issues related to product quality. I’ve also seen many posts of praise about quality of the products. I’ll find out tomorrow...

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 1st tank arrived just the stand, no tank, and it was damaged. Second one arrived and the pallet was a mess but everything was OK.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After receiving an awesome bonsai structure from West Mariculture, I asked if I could have a couple of dens made for my wrasses. Here is what they look like!

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1240.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Since I’ll be going bare-bottom, this will give them some shelter and add some depth to the tank. I’m more than happy with these pieces! The measurements are 5" x 4" x 3", and they will fit perfectly on both sides of my overflow.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My amazing wife ordered me the Man O War jellyfish print from Coral Morphologic, and I couldn’t be more excited! I’ve been eyeing these prints since they made them available. I quickly jumped on the chance to order the other five, and I’m incredibly thankful that they were still available. They are absolutely gorgeous, and I can’t wait to frame and hang them in my aquarium room!

If you want to check them out for yourself, head over to their website.

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1253.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

Patrick Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nick! Everything looks like it's going to be great! I'm sure you're really excited. I'll be following your build! (Also, those prints are amazing. I think the green/purple Zoas may be my new phone background.)

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Nick! Everything looks like it's going to be great! I'm sure you're really excited. I'll be following your build! (Also, those prints are amazing. I think the green/purple Zoas may be my new phone background.)
Thanks for the compliment!

The prints are incredible, and they come on metallic paper, which I’m excited to see!

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I had to call SAIA, which is the company that is delivering my aquarium. I worked from home today because delivery was scheduled to be between 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM. I waited, and it never showed. I checked the shipping information, and it changed from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Shortly after that, it changed from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM. I decided to check again, and now it's showing it as being returned to the terminal. This is fun.

I'm on the phone with them now, on hold. I am incredibly frustrated with this entire process. :mad:

IMG_1263.jpg

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turns out that the shipper, which I assume is Waterbox, replaced the word "Drive" with "Lane" in the address. They also had the incorrect phone number, which is why I was never contacted. Deliver has to be rescheduled tomorrow morning since the scheduling department is gone for the day. Cool.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 109 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back