Niger Triggerfish Compatibility

ÁngelHernández

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
México
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! I've got a 100 Gal FOWLR tank with 2 Niger Triggerfish, they're 3.5". i got them a month ago.

I'm planing to get a new 180 Gal or more in about a year for them. I know the can get 1' or more commonly 8" -10". A friend of mine had some triggers many years.

But, for now, i would love to add more fish...

My first plan would be to add:

- Scopas Tang
- Coral Beauty (I even consider another trigger if the Coral Beauty is too small but maybe is too much for now, and the Coral Beauty is reaally pretty).

and then...

I don't know if:

a Zebra Dwarf Lionfish or a Maroon Clownfish (I know the maroon can be really mean so that would be last), could i get both?

Are all of them a good match? for 1 year in that 100 gal , would that 5 or 6 fish be overstocked?

Another suggestion of better partners?


Thanks!!!
 
My Niger was over 6 years old. Fat and healthy but probably no more than 6 or 7 inches. He got along with everyone even a blue throat and picaso trigger. After the 6 year mark he turned rogue and started taking chucks out of my LPS colonies so he had to go. Too bad, it was a beautiful fish.
 
Yup, they don't get too big , but some might get meaner...

Ok, so...

Should i worry about the maroon?? The Coral Beauty being too small?... maybe not worry that much?... Should i try in that order? (First scopas and coral beauty, then maroon and/or zebra lion?)
 
I had a Niger for a long time years ago. I also had a Scopus tang in with him as well. He got along with everyone and ate anything and everything.
But I added him last, which in my experience works better with triggers.
They are my favorite fish.
They are also very mischievous. You never know when they will take a bite out of something whether it be a fish, your finger or a power cord.
Right now I have a picasso in with a coral beauty. The coral beauty was in there for 4 years before I added the picasso.
They get along fine but I feed the trigger like my teenagers.
Don't know if that helps.
Joel
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new