Night mode on wave pumps

  • Thread starter Thread starter NormanB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NormanB

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2019
Messages
595
Reaction score
306
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'd like your thoughts on using the night mode on my SLW-30 wave pumps. Yes/No and why?

Just wondering if I'm missing out by not using this option, or is it better to keep them running the same 24x7.

Thanks!!
 
Interested to see what others say. I think it depends on your livestock/coral. I run nite mode on my gyre. I only have a couple SPS. Don’t need hi flow In my tank. Think running nite mode is less stressful.
 
Pretty sure the dominant reason is less stress on fish.
 
does the ocean have a night mode ? Lol there’s your answer.
 
Thanks for the replies.

Fish have plenty of places to hide, so they are good.

Right!! No night mode!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new