OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see your pic just fine. Its blurry for sure as it low resolution .

Anyways, your tank looks fine, besides the high nitrate ..... what problems are you having? Algae? Coral looks bad? Fish not acting normal ?
My biggest problem is the Nitrates. I have done More water changes in 2 months to and yet no change. So the Rock pic is porous but has been cleaned so nothing is on it. 25 yrs ago is different from now. I appreciate you lending advice and hope you help with it more. Thanks

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My low mega pixel. I have a 21 mega pixel. Thanks again. I need the best I can get, so far all has been very helpful and I'm grateful for your advice

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still do not have a clear understanding of your system and how you are exporting nutrients except your skimmer. Do you have any sort of mechanical filter. If so how often do you clean it. What are your phosphates at? Like others have said I suspect your live rock maybe the source of your nitrates. Again your TDS should be zero out of your RO/DI. Have you checked the nitrates in you water change water.
Nitrates are not a problem at all for BTAs. It will take a lot of water changes to reduce your nitrates from such a high level. If your at 120ppm and change 25% of your water with zero TDS saltwater your nitrates should drop to 90 after doing the water change. If they are 120 a couple days latter the nitrates are coming from some where in your system.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My biggest problem is the Nitrates. I have done More water changes in 2 months to and yet no change. So the Rock pic is porous but has been cleaned so nothing is on it. 25 yrs ago is different from now. I appreciate you lending advice and hope you help with it more. Thanks

Ok, understood. If you want to deal with the high Nitrate , you’ll need to take ownership of this issue. If I sold you an established tank 11 months ago and it has high nitrate as the only problem , then the problem is on you to resolve.

Let’s start with the basics:

Tank size and age
Stocking list
Water parameters
Equipments in tank (lights, filtration, etc)

Cloudy water could be the result of precipitation or a bacterial bloom.

Only way you are going to get through this is take ownership and formulated a plan of action

If nitrate is leeching from your rocks, take them out and cure it. You’ll need patience as you’ll need to test it along the way

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, understood. If you want to deal with the high Nitrate , you’ll need to take ownership of this issue. If I sold you an established tank 11 months ago and it has high nitrate as the only problem , then the problem is on you to resolve.

Let’s start with the basics:

Tank size and age
Stocking list
Water parameters
Equipments in tank (lights, filtration, etc)

Cloudy water could be the result of precipitation or a bacterial bloom.

Only way you are going to get through this is take ownership and formulated a plan of action

If nitrate is leeching from your rocks, take them out and cure it. You’ll need patience as you’ll need to test it along the way
1 Giant Sally Lightfoot
3 BTA
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
3 Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish
2 Yellow Tail Damsels
1 Blenny
10 Nassarius
5 Zebra
15 Blue Legged Hermits
10 Red Legged Hermits
3 Green Chromis
4 Emeralds
Corals
2 Hammer
1 Torch
2 Kenya Tree
1 Frogspawn
3 King Chonch
2 Leather Mushroom
1 Mini Maxi
3 Elegance Coral

Water
pH 7.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates over peak after 3 different test. Red Sea, API and Salifert.
Filters 1 HOB Seaclone 100
Internal Bubble Magus Curve 5

Patience is not a strong point, but it will have to be to get the tank on good test results.

That's everything.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It’s not over stocked for the tank size IMO. So for filtration , you have the skimmer (big plus ) and HOB rated for 100gallon?

How often you do water changes ? And what percentage ?

The skimmer is probably doing most of the leg work on nutrients export unless your water changes is just as good.

Consider running a refugium

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Giant Sally Lightfoot
3 BTA
1 Long Tentacle Anemone
3 Gold Striped Maroon Clownfish
2 Yellow Tail Damsels
1 Blenny
10 Nassarius
5 Zebra
15 Blue Legged Hermits
10 Red Legged Hermits
3 Green Chromis
4 Emeralds
Corals
2 Hammer
1 Torch
2 Kenya Tree
1 Frogspawn
3 King Chonch
2 Leather Mushroom
1 Mini Maxi
3 Elegance Coral

Water
pH 7.3
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates over peak after 3 different test. Red Sea, API and Salifert.
Filters 1 HOB Seaclone 100
Internal Bubble Magus Curve 5

Patience is not a strong point, but it will have to be to get the tank on good test results.

That's everything.

Clarifying:
  • No filter pad/sock(?)
  • 1x HOB Protein Skimmer
Instant Ocean SCPS-100 SeaClone Protein Skimmer, 100-Gallon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000255NLE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_eSu4CbE1H6KE6
  • 1x In-Sump Protein Skimmer
Bubble Magus BM-Curve 5 Protein Skimmer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AAFVMAM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_wTu4CbV4RXDBJ
  • Refugium?
  • Water change % and frequency?

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do water changes about every week. 25% most of the time. It never changes. Water change after water change and same results. Plus doing changes raises pH and I don't need anymore problems right now. I have done at least 15 water changes in 2 month. They don't change. I don't know how to cure never have because this is my first tank. Last one was a 20 and that was over. Now here more problems.

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Basically I'm beat over doing water changes. I try my best, but get no results.

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can from my cell send small video of my frags if you like

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jaiden73
  • 7.3 pH seems a little low
  • Feeding schedule?
  • Phosphates?
  • Consider filter pads/socks and change often before uneaten food can break down
Pics might help:
  • Full tank shot
  • Sump
  • HOB filter setup
I want to see a pic of this $1,200 nem, too.

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pH is a 10th off from 7.4 feeding twice a day I use Frozen Bring Shrimp. I can send pics if you like.

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wanted to see nem? This was sent to me by a friend I. Australia. Here is the nem. That's the one dent to me. I will be going back to Australia in August. I like the Great Barrier and we dive.
rainbow-bottom-anemone-aci-3.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You wanted to see nem? This was sent to me by a friend I. Australia. Here is the nem. That's the one dent to me. I will be going back to Australia in August. I like the Great Barrier and we dive.
rainbow-bottom-anemone-aci-3.jpeg
My friends Dad was in the armed service and was stationed in Australia. His dad retired and that's where he is. August will be a better trip. Get to watch the reseeding of the Reef

o00brandon00o

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

Jaiden73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not exactly. This was a different one. My friend wrote the whole article on them. I have no reason to lie, but that's your choice. I know he wrote. The pic is from the article, but one difference. That pic is the closest I could come to for the one I have. I was only trying to get as close as I could to what he gave me. So that's the only closest to mine. I don't care if people think I'm a liar. That's there opinion, and there welcome to call me whatever they want. Freedom of Speech. So whatever you think I can't say anything bad that's your own opinion. I just want to fix my tank. I will leave it at that.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Now I’m starting to understand why your stressing with your nitrate. How’s the BTA that is currently in your tank ? You have an LHS that could hold the expensive Nem should something go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 33 84.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.7%
Back