OP
GlassMunky

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is just no market for them as there are much better designer nems available these days.

Why would anyone in a business purchase products that don't sell but to a very small percentage of the population?

I feel like people dont buy them because the stores dont get any good ones in.... 99% of people who see our tanks all think they are mushrooms. nobody knows about them, because the shops dot bring them in. its a catch 22. If people had exposure and could see the bright beautiful colors of them, they would probably buy them, but instead they try passing off bland browns and greens as "ultra" and not standards. and thats where the problem of them not selling comes into play. nobody wants to pay $90 for a bland looking nem. but price it appropriately at $40 for a standard and they would sell. then by contrast the actual Ultras can actually command that $90.

I've got a blue maxi that has survived a couple tank crashes, and being accidentally torn in half.

Blue%20Maxi_zpsxf0ah27g.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! our 2 blues are our favorites :)

jpreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you referring to in regards as "much better designer nems"? that statement kind of makes me laugh, because no nems are "designer" nobody is breeding nems and coming up with different morphs like they breed fish.
Rock nems are "Blah" in my opinion, if thats what you are refering to. I think Maxi's are much nicer.
I guess we just have better taste than most people tho ;Playful(joking)

Here's a thread full of them... rainbows, sunburst, infernos etc

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/bubble-tip-anemone-show-off-eye-candy-thread.48436/page-30

Not only BTA's but rock nems are just absolutely jaw dropping these days.

Old school maxi's nems are cool too bro. To each their own.

Jongalt26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Glass, i didnt realize you were on these forums lol! I love maxi-minis, i have a couple in my main tank now. As others mentioned, aquasd typically has numerous ultras for sale.
Jason K.

cnseekatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Maxi Mini that liked to snag snails and hermits... especially the ones who tried to steal food. I'd find empty shells next to it all the time.

Pink%20Maxi_zpsjft3udir.jpg

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this particular Maxi for over two years and it's probably 5 inch around, how big do they get?
reef2reefmaximini.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 36.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back