No more SS for me

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Hope all are having a good new year so far. Just venting for a minute I have participated in secret Santa for the last two years. Didn’t receive a gift last year , And so far no gift this year. Yes, Santa is aware. I get the whole giving is better than receiving thing, but I have given what I feel like are very nice gifts over the last two years, gotten nice thank you’ s, and nothing in return. I think I’m done with secret Santa. For me it’s two strikes and I’m out. Venting complete.

Last edited:

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
I Just got the same feeling i know my Santa Sent me things but with very low or wrong info on shippment(not my SS's mistake it is most likely because of post office) i am pretty sure about package not make out from Turkey customs

TN_Huskymama

View Badges
Reaction score
I am feeling a bit disappointed myself. I never received anything either. No news from my secret Santa despite the moderator reaching out. I don’t understand why people sign up for something if they have no intention of participating or contacting someone to say they need to drop out or whatever. I know circumstances happen, life happens and people cannot participate. But reach out at least instead of leaving someone hanging

Bryce M.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Yes with the reaching out, I received my gift but I was having life issues myself and I was pretty much talking to my person daily, I did get him some good stuff in the end, but as a person who almost didn't get anything out, communication and honesty is the best

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back