• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

No Response

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you say to illicit that response?

whatever it was it probably wasn’t strong enough...the guy has been waiting a month for his order!

I can understand the issue over Christmas but you would have thought the seller would have been on this order after already having an issue with it.

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked for my money back when he kept pushing back the deliverey date and time. I will post more. Waiting for the seller to come defend him self before I do so.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give on update on this forum.

Product still not received. Placed the first initial order December 21st then an add on January 3rd. Today is January 26th and have not received any product. This was my last response from seller last Tuesday.
OHHHH It all makes sense! Yeah! You're the guy that went out of his way to be rude for no reason! Classic.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatever it was it probably wasn’t strong enough...the guy has been waiting a month for his order!

I can understand the issue over Christmas but you would have thought the seller would have been on this order after already having an issue with it.
The dude hasn't been waiting a month.

He ordered other stuff just over a week ago and I told him it would push back his delivery date and he didn't seem to care, but suddenly he does.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Look, I fully understand frustration and that a month is a long time to wait for an order, but frankly crap does happen.

EVERY industry is being hit by shortages and delays, especially so for small businesses that have fewer options and resources. I could sit here all day and explain the number of things that have gone wrong for this business in the last 2 months, but honestly it would get boring. SOME issues include...

- Carriers lose packages that contain supplies, hopefully they show up or I get a refund, but in the meantime I have to order MORE to be able to fill orders, that cuts the incredibly small profit margin in half.
- Suppliers send the wrong items (like the wrong size tubing that ALL our products are made of)
- Suppliers are on back order and don't tell me for over a week so again, I'm both behind and down on money

And then fantastically last week our UPS account was closed by mistake because someone charged over $2000 in shipping to it, that literally took a week to sort out and I have been up for 30 hours trying to deal with it.

I am not giving excuses or reasons to explain away my issues, I understand that it is annoying, but frankly even if people wanted a refund I couldn't give it to them. At this point with all the problems of the last 2-3 weeks I am completely in the red. No thanks to the morons of this community doing credit card chargebacks and literally bragging to me that its their way of getting free products... ($700 in fraudulent chargebacks I am currently dealing with)

I have now explained to this customer a dozen times through multiple mediums why his order is delayed, including the fact that if he ordered more (which I gave him free shipping on so I can combine orders) that it would take longer.

I have been communicating multiple times a week with customers trying to be open and explain issues, I have been dealing with customer support including people who are somehow angry at me that 6ft of tubing isn't enough because they cut it wrong... I have been replacing parts where needed at my own cost and I have been dealing with fake chargebacks and supply chain issues that are completely ruining the original goal I had 6 months ago of providing simple, cheap, effective solutions for nano tanks.

I am happy to have hundreds of happy customers in reefing including some pretty well known names that are awesome and understand small issues pop up. I have been doing custom rapid prototyping and fab work for over 10 years. I have had several thousands of sales to people for one off items. Unfortunately people who lack understanding, common sense, or are downright mean exist in every community, not just reefing, but if people don't start realizing how cheap these products really are and having a bit of respect that that means sometimes waiting a bit longer or some aesthetic issues, then I'll just stop selling them. Frankly at this point its not viable when people try to squeeze every little bit out of me.

At the end of the day I am one guy who started doing this because covid shut my business down and I wanted to provide something for the community, occasionally my wife helps me box stuff up, and whenever an issue comes up it comes out of my pocket. The profit margins on almost every item is about 20%. That's nothing. Its a couple of dollars per order... Sure, I could charge more but then people would expect more, and the cycle continues. Plus, I don't want to charge more... I want to provide cheap items that work, simple. Look to those massive companies that are pumping out $9 worth of injection molded parts for $120 and have less customer service than me.

Reefing shouldn't be expensive, it shouldn't be hard, it shouldn't be combative. We are the smallest group of people who keep reefs of the already smallest sector of the pet market, why can't people be respectful and understanding and help each other out instead of expecting the entire world of $50?

SO in the end, here is all of what OP is referring to. Yeah, I was a bit unkind but when I've been up for 30+ hours dealing with crap I come across badly. For the record I went and put a coral cupper and set of frag racks in with his order even though I knew he wouldn't tell anyone about it because I felt like being the nicer guy.

Sorry for the rant haha.... I am just fed up and at the end of my rope with this crap. I've shipped about 50 orders in the last two weeks and I have 28 sitting here waiting for me to be able to print labels for. I am ONE guy.

In the end... Just be understanding of small businesses, its very hard work.
A simple "no problem! Just curious, thank you!" means the world...

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you place another order if you're unhappy the first time... Lol. I think the reasonable thing is to wait till next week... And don't place another order.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you place another order if you're unhappy the first time... Lol. I think the reasonable thing is to wait till next week... And don't place another order.
I told him that... He asked if he could place another order and get free shipping by combining it with the first one, I told him it would reset the clock and we're busy so it may be a while but he seemed very excited to just get a second order in with more stuff? I guess so he could continue complaining or something.

I was much happier with the idea of just getting his first order out of the way, but tried to be helpful. Shame. If I had just said no and shipped his first order I wouldn't have to deal with this!

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right. I should have stay cleared and not have ordered anything else. This is what was said last week. Stated the product would be in the mail on Tuesday and it didn’t ship on Monday cause of the holiday. It’s now 1 week later and the product still has not shipped.

Saying it will be dropped off intels the product is finished and packaged to be shipped. Yet nothing has been shipped.

Attachments

• 71DE97D2-A536-4464-B754-1C92A2592FC1.png
    71DE97D2-A536-4464-B754-1C92A2592FC1.png
    279.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I told him that... He asked if he could place another order and get free shipping by combining it with the first one, I told him it would reset the clock and we're busy so it may be a while but he seemed very excited to just get a second order in with more stuff? I guess so he could continue complaining or something.

I was much happier with the idea of just getting his first order out of the way, but tried to be helpful. Shame. If I had just said no and shipped his first order I wouldn't have to deal with this!
I actually never asked for free shipping. You offered it with a code stating you can put the order together. As we spoke about if it resets the clock to 14 days and the order was placed on January 3 and today is January 27th your still way behind. Like it’s not even close.

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s clear with the dates on all the post and postings and complaining came after you missed every deadline you your self put in place.

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Irritating cause I pointed out your bad business ethics. Happy to part ways

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your right. I should have stay cleared and not have ordered anything else. This is what was said last week. Stated the product would be in the mail on Tuesday and it didn’t ship on Monday cause of the holiday. It’s now 1 week later and the product still has not shipped.

Saying it will be dropped off intels the product is finished and packaged to be shipped. Yet nothing has been shipped.
For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for those replacement caps since December lol. Will wait till end of the week.

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for those replacement caps since December lol. Will wait till end of the week.
Yea I’m sure. There’s actually a decent amount of people I believe that have been waiting for product some longer then me I wanna say.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friendly suggestion, I would change the waiting days from business days to actual days, for the business it’s good as it looks better on the site 14 business days knowing the customers just sees 14, but when 14 days in reality is nearer a month, then it looks bad on the business, yeah they can claim it was only 14 business days as stated but the customer is left feeling annoyed.

I would state a months wait, and when it arrives sooner you have a happy customer not one feeling slightly annoyed.

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't received any update or replacement lids yet . Now I realized I paid with credit card on the site rather than PayPal. But good thing I used my Chase Reserve...

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still haven't received any update or replacement lids yet . Now I realized I paid with credit card on the site rather than PayPal. But good thing I used my Chase Reserve...
dude, you got two lids on your 4 lid dosing container with slight blemishes.

I will note that trying to do a chargeback at this point will not work for you.

email [email protected] so I can actually keep track of it, and I will refund you the amount of those two lids, or send 2 replacements.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back