No spill bleach

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so here is my situation I had about 175 lbs of old pukani rock and it had a lot of algae on it bought it of of fb market place. So I decided to bleach it I used 3 gallons of regular bleach and about a half to 3/4 no spill bleach. I saw the water foaming I rinsed a bunch of times just letting the hose run in the barrel now its drying. Any worries on the no spill bleach?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok so here is my situation I had about 175 lbs of old pukani rock and it had a lot of algae on it bought it of of fb market place. So I decided to bleach it I used 3 gallons of regular bleach and about a half to 3/4 no spill bleach. I saw the water foaming I rinsed a bunch of times just letting the hose run in the barrel now its drying. Any worries on the no spill bleach?
Just continue a cold water rinse if unsure, Assure the rock has no bleach smell

DrMMI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read a post on here last summer of someone who accidently washed his filter socks in the no splash bleach and nuked his tank. So I would be very careful with that stuff.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No spill bleach leaves a residue that can be difficult to remove. As @DrMMI stated above, if used to clean filter socks, the residue will kill all your corals when placed back in the aquarium. Would assume that porous rock would also absorb the no spill bleach.

OP
OP
Xxflounderxx

Xxflounderxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No spill bleach leaves a residue that can be difficult to remove. As @DrMMI stated above, if used to clean filter socks, the residue will kill all your corals when placed back in the aquarium. Would assume that porous rock would also absorb the no spill bleach.

I would assume the same but if it can be absorbed can it be removed? I know I was dosing copper to a display tank no coral and was able to remove it with cuprisorb and the tank now has coral. Just wondering if anyone has had success

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back