No spill bleach

Flounder's Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 13, 2019
Messages
469
Reaction score
174
Location
Nazareth, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok so here is my situation I had about 175 lbs of old pukani rock and it had a lot of algae on it bought it of of fb market place. So I decided to bleach it I used 3 gallons of regular bleach and about a half to 3/4 no spill bleach. I saw the water foaming I rinsed a bunch of times just letting the hose run in the barrel now its drying. Any worries on the no spill bleach?
 
Ok so here is my situation I had about 175 lbs of old pukani rock and it had a lot of algae on it bought it of of fb market place. So I decided to bleach it I used 3 gallons of regular bleach and about a half to 3/4 no spill bleach. I saw the water foaming I rinsed a bunch of times just letting the hose run in the barrel now its drying. Any worries on the no spill bleach?
Just continue a cold water rinse if unsure, Assure the rock has no bleach smell
 
I read a post on here last summer of someone who accidently washed his filter socks in the no splash bleach and nuked his tank. So I would be very careful with that stuff.
 
No spill bleach leaves a residue that can be difficult to remove. As @DrMMI stated above, if used to clean filter socks, the residue will kill all your corals when placed back in the aquarium. Would assume that porous rock would also absorb the no spill bleach.
 
No spill bleach leaves a residue that can be difficult to remove. As @DrMMI stated above, if used to clean filter socks, the residue will kill all your corals when placed back in the aquarium. Would assume that porous rock would also absorb the no spill bleach.

I would assume the same but if it can be absorbed can it be removed? I know I was dosing copper to a display tank no coral and was able to remove it with cuprisorb and the tank now has coral. Just wondering if anyone has had success
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new