No update/tracking for order or response to emails?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order, via GHLs website, on the 7th but haven't received any shipping notification. I sent a couple emails asking about it but with no reply. I bought a powerbar, vortech controller, and a couple breakout boxes. I was hoping to set it up this weekend since the Profilux set will be here (via Marine Depot) on Friday :(

Does it typically take this long when ordering directly?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they are honestly terrible when it comes to getting stuff out the door. Average orders can take 4-5 business days before they ship. I also had an order that was placed during one of the Reef A Palooza and it was delayed 2 weeks. I was pretty irritated that it took that long. This is defiantly an area they need to improve if they are going to stay in the market here.

Once you get it all, we are here to help you get it up and running. In the mean time download all the manuals off of GHL's website. It doesn't come with the units.

These three manuals area must have

When you get the controller, update it (not as easy as some would like)

Getting the WIFI up and running is also.....Fun. (sarcasm)

Read the forums (English is at the bottom)

Watch videos

Last edited:

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you get the controller, update it (not as easy as some would like)
That's the one area where Neptune has an advantage over GHL. The newest Apex allows you to update the firmware without having to drag out your laptop.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the one area where Neptune has an advantage over GHL. The newest Apex allows you to update the firmware without having to drag out your laptop.
I don't see any point in bringing up a Neptune Vs GHL debate since the person already bought the unit and this is a GHL section of the forums.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see any point in bringing up a Neptune Vs GHL debate since the person already bought the unit and this is a GHL section of the forums.
I wasn't, since I also own a lot of GHL products. My point was to suggest how GHL could improve its ease of use. That was my ONLY point.

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I placed an order, via GHLs website, on the 7th but haven't received any shipping notification. I sent a couple emails asking about it but with no reply. I bought a powerbar, vortech controller, and a couple breakout boxes. I was hoping to set it up this weekend since the Profilux set will be here (via Marine Depot) on Friday :(

Does it typically take this long when ordering directly?

Double check in your junk mail folder, some of their emails will get dropped into there. If they are out of stock on a product, an email will take a little longer as USA gets ahold of Germany for a shipping status.

I placed an ordered on the 9th and recieved it on the 11th.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Double check in your junk mail folder, some of their emails will get dropped into there. If they are out of stock on a product, an email will take a little longer as USA gets ahold of Germany for a shipping status.

I placed an ordered on the 9th and recieved it on the 11th.

Nothing in spam unfortunately. Someone in the support forums told me to submit a ticket so I tried that. No response though. Hopefully it will be here sometime this week. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried calling? They usually answer the phone or return voicemails pretty quickly.

Have a question?
Contact us by email
or phone: (910) 216-9092

Thanks. I'll give em a call on Monday.

And I just realized they removed my post from the support forums. (Same OP as this)

Apparently the issues of slow turn around and poor response time... remains unknown to everyone if they just delete any mention of it :p

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I just realized they removed my post from the support forums. (Same OP as this)

Apparently the issues of slow turn around and poor response time... remains unknown to everyone if they just delete any mention of it :p
You violated their forum rules, that’s why your post was removed.

9. No processing of complaints
Here, no complaints will be handled. Instead contact your retailer or GHL directly resp. use the ticket system

OP
OP
smartwater101

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP: "Does it typically take this long when ordering directly?"

Tomato Tomahto haha

I actually was genuinely curious. But after reading other peoples experiences it sounds like its par for the course. Thats life I suppose:)

I think I'm more bothered by having to keep using Neptune's stuff for another week or two :p
SHOTS FIRED!

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP: "Does it typically take this long when ordering directly?"

Tomato Tomahto haha

I actually was genuinely curious. But after reading other peoples experiences it sounds like its par for the course. Thats life I suppose:)

I think I'm more bothered by having to keep using Neptune's stuff for another week or two :p
SHOTS FIRED!
Oh, I get it. You spend $1000-2000 and you have certain expectations that your order will get shipped promptly. When it doesn’t move for a week or more with no word why... it’s frustrating and you really gotta wonder why you bought what you did.

We are so used to other places being far more prompt as well.

Like I said. i get it.

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that @Vinny@GHLUSA might need some extra team members to help with the customer support.

The flip side is that adds costs and reduces the profit margins. You guys in the US already get all your products for cheaper than they can be bought directly from GHL Germany for non-US customers... so I guess you can either wait a little while for your orders or pay a bit more... the choice is yours :p

lmm1967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered a ProfiLux 4, khdirector and slave Doser from marine depot and it arrived pretty quick.

Accessory type of stuff isn’t available from there though.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back