Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway! Win a K7 Pro II LED Reef Light!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!

BrandonS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: organize your testing stuff. Had someone tell me how they had a basket for all there testing stuff and how it's was all in order of what they kept track of in a spreadsheet. I now pull out the basket set it on the table and have all my testing in one spot. Makes it much faster as I feel like "this is what I am doing right now"

Pippz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People tend to say that ideal range for sps is 400 -450 calcium , 8-12 dkh , and like 1350 - 1400 mag. Been keep in consuderation that if you running low no4 and you alk is 9 + you wil burn the tips of your sps. So no4 < 5 alk should be around 8-9, if no4<5 then you can go 9 - 12.

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every reef is different. There's not a magical number. If everything is going great but the numbers are "not what they are supposed to be" who cares. Don't fix something that isn't broken.

Vette67

Reefing since 1997
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I spent a lot of time researching recently, including a couple of wrong purchases (because Amazon doesn’t know how to rate things) is flow restrictors. I upgraded my RO membrane from 75 GPD to 100 GPD. So, I need a new flow restrictor. But what size? It is surprisingly easy to calculate. Flow restrictor are measured in ml / min, and RO membrane is GPD. So to convert my 100 gpd membrane into ml / min, divide by .38, which is 263.15. That assumes a 1:1 waste water to good water ratio. Not ideal. Most manufacturers recommend a 3:1 waste to good ratio to maximize membrane life, so multiply by 3. That gives 789. So guess what? Rounding up, I bought a 800 ml/min flow restrictor. If you have really high TDS water, you should multiply by 4. Or if you want to foul your membrane quicker, multiply by 2.

Easy enough to calculate, right? Once you know the formula. (Membrane GPD / 0.38) * 3.

Diyreef8401

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noopsyche Giveaway helpful.jpg

Hey guys!! Thanks for all the help last month with great ideas! You guys were super helpful, and so this month we've taken one of your ideas and decided to hold the "Noopsyche Helpful Reefer Giveaway!" In this month's giveaway, we're asking you to share the most helpful tips you've come across in reefing!

Noopsyche's Reef Lighting has become one of the popular reef lighting options for many members of our community here on Reef2Reef. Their K7 Pro II is their flagship light, and @noopsyche is giving you the chance to own one for FREE! You can check out @Dana Riddle's testing of the Noopsyche K7 Pro II HERE.

Please see the rules below and get your entries in NOW!

HOW TO ENTER

Official Entry: Post in this thread one tip that has been really helpful to you with the reef hobby. The more unique or lesser known the tip is, the better! We're looking for specific pieces of advice that may have helped with a specific issue or helped you to achieve success. (We're hoping for more than "Go slow and have patience." Give us something specific.)

BONUS ENTRIES (You may only do these AFTER your initial entry...winning entry will be verified for original entry)

*Make a separate post in this thread after completing any of the bonus entries. Winning entry is subject to verification.

Bonus 1:
Answer a thread where someone is asking a question, or start a new thread about a topic or issue (This might be to share something with the community, or even to ask a question...after all, your questions could be helpful to others who have the same question).
Bonus 2: Share this contest on social media (each social media platform can be used for 1 bonus entry. So, that could be 1 entry for Facebook, 1 for Twitter, 1 for IG, etc. Make a separate post in this thread for each social media post you make.
Bonus 3: Join the Noopsyche USA Facebook group. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 4: Check out the Noopsyche USA website and tell us what you like most. CLICK HERE!
Bonus 5: Start/Update your build thread on R2R and post a link here. You can do this once a week for bonus entries. Our members tanks forums are found here.

BONUS ENTRY FOR R2R SUPPORTING & PARTNER MEMBERS: This is an entry option that is only available if you are a Reef2Reef Supporting or Partner Member. If you are a supporting/partner member please make a post in this thread stating that you are a R2R supporter/partner. If you're not a supporting member, but would like more info on how to sign up, CLICK HERE.

THE PRIZE

One winner will be selected to receive:
  • One K7 ProII light
  • One K7 bracket
  • One K7 controller
1.jpg

2.JPG

ONE Winner will be chosen via random draw from this thread on July 6, 2020! (Last day to enter is July 5th.)

We will choose the winner via a random number generator. The winner's username will be tagged in the winning announcement. We will not email, pm, or contact the winner other than tagging the winning name. Be sure to check back to claim your prize. If it is not claimed within 3 days we will do a re-pick and so on until the prize is claimed.

Thanks again to @noopsyche for this awesome contest!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best advice I had ever received was to not be intimidated by high prices or fancy colors, or be turned away from something because of occasional horror stories about them, such as fish jumping or corals not being hardy. Of course, follow what your skill level determines you can keep, but take 'safe' chances, so to speak. Don't let that one coral that you've wanted for years, but you heard they sometimes might possibly die for no reason, set your mood for the hobby low. Try new things, and if it works it does.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best piece of advice I have heard is. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby. Now if I could just be patient and follow that advice.

NeptuneRjo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My advice:
Dont overreact to simple problems that occur in your reeftank.

Dont do a 75% waterchange when alk is running a little high/low, if you make a mistake, your problems will be significantly worse.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice I ever got was use pantyhose. If you have a bristle worm explosion or really any other type of worm with mandibles and spikes, wrap a piece of cooked shrimp in pantyhose and lay it down in your rock work. They’re bristles get caught in the fabric and they can’t escape. Also works if you stretch it over rock when feeding. They shoot out and boom they’re caught

Kynzo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't chase numbers. If everything looks good, don't worry too much. Your eyes are the best tool for measuring the health of your tank. I use to spend so much time testing my water and it got so tedious I had to stop.

Also keep your hands out of your tank as much as possible and let nature take its course. I used to constantly move corals if they seemed unhappy or for any reason I could think of. My tank has seen more growth and stability in the past month than in all the time since I started it because I just let things grow and work themselves out.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back