• For a Limited Time the R2R Partner Membership is NOW OPEN! Get some cool swag and chances to win part of over $20,000 in prizes! Click here for more details

noopsyche K7 Pro II 95W

Dillon Deville

View Badges
Reaction score
From all the research that I've done, it seems like this light will be pretty much perfect for a mixed reef biocube 32, which I have. I already have a Kessil a360 WE over it, along with a supplemental Chinese COB 70-watt light cranked pretty low. Looking to sell all of that and just replace with this light. I'm thinking I can get pretty much the same par / pur numbers and better spectrum from this light. Could anybody with a biocube chime in and let me know how the light fixture mounts to the tank? It seems like the middle latch for the hood needs to be sanded off or something which I don't really want to do..

Having not used this light, the things I like about it are the clean look, the lenses that give off similar shimmer to the Kessil LEDs, the price of course, and the full spectrum diodes used. It just seems like a huge upgrade in so many ways to my current lighting setup.

Thanks!

OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there a hanging kit for these lights yet? I have a 6 foot 125 gallon tank with canopy so I will need some type of hanging solution. Also, how many lights would you suggest for a standard 125 gallon mixed reef? Size is 72×18x21 I believe.
We don't have hanging kit for K7 but you can do as this photo shown hanging your LEDs:
微信图片_20190926094848.png

According to your tank size, 5 unit of K7 would be ok on your mixed reef.

JB's Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We don't have hanging kit for K7 but you can do as this photo shown hanging your LEDs:
微信图片_20190926094848.png

According to your tank size, 5 unit of K7 would be ok on your mixed reef.
Thank you for the reply. Judging from the picture, it looks like some kind of aluminum rail. Would you happen to know how they are attached to it? Sorry for the questions, I am brand new to this and currently planning out my build. I am strongly considering the k7 lights. I appreciate the help!

OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

View Badges
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Judging from the picture, it looks like some kind of aluminum rail. Would you happen to know how they are attached to it? Sorry for the questions, I am brand new to this and currently planning out my build. I am strongly considering the k7 lights. I appreciate the help!
No problem. I'm glad to help you.
QQ图片20190926101622.jpg

OP
noopsyche

noopsyche

View Badges
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. That bracket, is it included with the light or part of the arm mount kit?
This is a part of mount kit, if you don't need mount kit I can let them sell this bracket to you. (Including screws)

Drizzle36

View Badges
Reaction score
I have two of these on my 75 and I love them . Great shimmer, corals look amazing bringing all my colors back out after losing them with my last light. Love the small sleek design too not all bulky like many of the led fixtures out now. I need a light for my frag/grow out tank and won't use anything but noopysche now would love to win one Thanks

Patrick Fox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hello! I love the simplicity and form-factor of this light. I would love to try one out on my reef tank. thank you for the opportunity to win one!

Patrick

How often do you have some type of algae issue?

• Constantly Something

Votes: 270 42.7%
  • Every Month

Votes: 37 5.8%
  • Every Few Months

Votes: 83 13.1%
  • A Few Times A Year

Votes: 89 14.1%
  • Once A Year Or So

Votes: 63 10.0%
  • Every Few years

Votes: 30 4.7%