Noopsyche K7 V3 Settings

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 Noopsyche K7 V3's about 9" above the water and have a mixed reef tank of SPS/LPS/Mushrooms. These lights are awesome in case anyone was wondering. What I need help with is the settings. Coming from the Current USA IC light, which I like but not for growing SPS, I'm hesitant to use the LPS/SPS setting on the controller. So the question is, what are the settings people keep their lights at long-term and what setting do you used for acclimation? @tbrown3589 and @Gtinnel I know you are both @noopsyche experts so any help is appreciated.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I have 2 Noopsyche K7 V3's about 9" above the water and have a mixed reef tank of SPS/LPS/Mushrooms. These lights are awesome in case anyone was wondering. What I need help with is the settings. Coming from the Current USA IC light, which I like but not for growing SPS, I'm hesitant to use the LPS/SPS setting on the controller. So the question is, what are the settings people keep their lights at long-term and what setting do you used for acclimation? @tbrown3589 and @Gtinnel I know you are both @noopsyche experts so any help is appreciated.
You can use the SPS/LPS presets directly, and adjust them according to the coral response. :)

melonheadorion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have two of them as well on a 65 9 inches from the water, and about 30 from the bottom of the tank.

depending on what you want your look to be, obviously that will change your settings. myself, i keep the light blue and blue on. i use very little white light.currently, i think i max out at 60% on the blues with like 5% white. all of my zoas and mushrooms are good anywhere in the tank. i also have a dragon soul torch and a hammer coral about halfway up the tank that are doing well in that light.
i have a stylophora that seems to do well under any lighting, including my current setting, about halfway up the tank. i have a spitfire laptastrea that i keep toward the bottom thats doing good.

overall, i have tested with a par meter on this tank near the top 1/3 of the tank, without a cover, i get at about 290 par with a 10,90, 90, 70, 10, 10 setting. thats going a through f. at the bottom, gets about 190 in the center, and about 120 toward the sides. direct middle of the tank, it gets about 210.
i havent run at those settings in a while because i prefer more blue than white, and did not find it necessary for what i have, to run that strong since they did good under a lower setting as well

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine about 11” above the water. My tank is a mixed reef, and I started out on the LPS setting, but had to lower the intensity a bit, here is what I have it set at right now:
A. 15%
B. 55%
C. 55%
D. 40%
E. 1%
F. 55%

They ramp up over 3 hours to this max intensity, and then ramp down for 3 hours, with 6 hours at max intensity.

Also, remember that the lights automatically ramp up/down between each of the 8 scheduled times, so for example, if for #2 time slot you have A. at 50% at 10am and for time slot #3 you have A. at 30% at 4pm, from 10am to 4pm, channel A will slowly ramp down (over six hours) from 50% to 30%.

Definitely agree they are great lights, supposedly they have a new 75 watt light coming out that is app controlled, so hopefully the next version of the K7 will be app controlled as well.

OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mine about 11” above the water. My tank is a mixed reef, and I started out on the LPS setting, but had to lower the intensity a bit, here is what I have it set at right now:
A. 15%
B. 55%
C. 55%
D. 40%
E. 1%
F. 55%

They ramp up over 3 hours to this max intensity, and then ramp down for 3 hours, with 6 hours at max intensity.

Also, remember that the lights automatically ramp up/down between each of the 8 scheduled times, so for example, if for #2 time slot you have A. at 50% at 10am and for time slot #3 you have A. at 30% at 4pm, from 10am to 4pm, channel A will slowly ramp down (over six hours) from 50% to 30%.

Definitely agree they are great lights, supposedly they have a new 75 watt light coming out that is app controlled, so hopefully the next version of the K7 will be app controlled as well.
I'm hoping the next version is app controlled as well. The controller isn't bad but an app sure was nice with the Current USA loop system. The lights just aren't quite enough to get 24" down.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like my tanks to look like 10k-14k. It's not perfect yet but I am running white, red, green at 60 and blues at 35%
9 inches over the water
Mid day pic
2022050113520395-3390307695070115092-IMG_4473-M.jpg

Tank on the left has 4 250w 14k MH and 8 54w T5.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm hoping the next version is app controlled as well. The controller isn't bad but an app sure was nice with the Current USA loop system. The lights just aren't quite enough to get 24" down.
The next version has an app.

I run super light on the whites on my tank (12% at the peak setting). All of the SPS, LPS, LPS/SPS programs are adjustable. I run 85% on the blue channels and pretty low on the green and reds. Adjust the lights to fit your tastes and keep an eye on the corals. Keep in mind, the whites are more for you than for the corals.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I run super light on the whites on my tank (12% at the peak setting). All of the SPS, LPS, LPS/SPS programs are adjustable. I run 85% on the blue channels and pretty low on the green and reds. Adjust the lights to fit your tastes and keep an eye on the corals. Keep in mind, the whites are more for you than for the corals.

As I was putting 8 of them in the cart I see this. Any details on a new version or when?

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I knew you would come through for me. Thanks man. I appreciate it.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I knew you would come through for me. Thanks man. I appreciate it.
I'm actually on vacation right now and don't have much access to internet. Just got to the KOA and saw your post! Another great resource for @noopsyche lights is @BroccoliFarmer .

OP
OP
otzhorse

otzhorse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep 6 of the K7 V3 lights over my 125 and I run them fairly low intensity. Here was the last time I took a picture of my settings at their highest intensity and I’ve since increased them slightly( just a few percent each channel). If I remember correctly with this setting I was get around 250 par at the top of my rockwork.
I actually turned mine on to the default sps mode for a second once and with 6 lights it was way, way too bright.

CE260BD0-3E15-4F53-94F5-731241B8AEB9.jpeg

CJH - Jakarta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running 2 V3’s on a 120x50x50 LPS and soft coral tank and have them set at 100% on the blue and UV channels and 5% on the cool white and the green/white channel at peak.

No idea what the par is, thinking of adding a third and reducing the intensity to reduce some of the shadowing.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’m running 2 V3’s on a 120x50x50 LPS and soft coral tank and have them set at 100% on the blue and UV channels and 5% on the cool white and the green/white channel at peak.

No idea what the par is, thinking of adding a third and reducing the intensity to reduce some of the shadowing.
That's why @Gtinnel is running 6. I am only running a 90 watt Pro II and a 75 watt V3 in my 75 and I don't have shadows in my tank but I see the little light rays in the water. It's interesting. I use egg crate (light diffusers) for my lid though, so the lid is about 1/2" thick. My 125 will probably have a screen lid to eliminate that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 23.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back