Not having a heater during first few days of cycling?

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a new tank that is a 120 gallon display and this past weekend I put in the live sand and all my rock. I managed to get in about 110 gallons of water so basically almost the entire display is filled up. I did get the wavemakers in to create flow and oxygen in the tank however I did not put in heaters yet as I do not want to mess with the controller until it gets into the sump. I won't have enough time until Friday to add the rest of the water so the entire tank and sump is filled and than I will turn on the heaters and get everything else up and running. With the little research I did it should be fine but is running the tank right now with the live sand and rock going to be affected without running any of the heaters. Right now the temp is about 69 degress.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
69 is fine but I don't know what type of live rock you mean... live rock can mean so many things these days including dry rock which is dead...

The bacteria will not be bothered though.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back