Notification when the apex loses power?

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im currently battling an issue with a gfci outlet tripping. My apex is plugged into this outlet with the whole tank running off of it. Is there anyway I can receive notifications to my phone if this outlet trips until I can narrow down the cause (or in case of power outage)

I guess if the apex loses power it cant notify me but is there something that can be done to alert me of that situation if im not home and say the outlet trips?

OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U

User1

View Badges
@Bthomas I'm actually running into the exact or similar issue with my circuit breaker tripping. I've been trying to reduce items in my home office but it continues to trip. I have been removing items of power from my home office where the tank is but it continues to trip. Each time the Apex loses power and water rushes back to the sump, etc. You know the drill. So to warn me after hours or if out of the house I was looking for some form of health check or monitor. I came across the same thing and it wouldn't let me enable it either. It wasn't that I was loosing connections but rather the circuit breaker tripping causing what Apex Fusion probably this is a disconnect...

Anyway seems like the feature is there just can't enable it yet.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about doing the external ac adapter on the apex plug into another socket that is not on the GFI. Then set an alert based on power being off on the outlets?

With the ac adapter plugged into another plug it will not turn off the apex base unit but the eb832 will be tripped and then the base unit can alert you it is tripped

jml1149

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what its worth, any time I've had problems tripping a GFCI its been due to a crappy heater.

U

User1

View Badges
For what its worth, any time I've had problems tripping a GFCI its been due to a crappy heater.

Yeah - I thought about that. I actually thought it was my other controller on the tank I'm moving to my new one. It uses a ReefAngel controller and I thought maybe it was drawing too many amps. I moved it. Still tripping. Then I thought maybe my PC was causing the issue since it is the secondary backup server in the house and has 8 drives in it. Add that two the two controllers, the larger tank's pump, but it wasn't. Last Friday it was tripping back to back. I shut down the computer so the only thing left in the room was the new tank with apex and it still tripped. I brought in an extension cord and plugged it in across the hall, no issues since. So something is heating up the circuits and the only thing I can think of now is maybe the hallway light switches with these timers I added a while back. I'll check the connections but outside of that I'll have to call an electrician. I shouldn't be tripping it like that.

Right now my computer and cell phone charger is the only thing on in that room and it is fine. Go figure. And I know the apex fusion panel says 4 amps. I'm sure I am well under 15 amps easy with everything in that room.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back