Nuclear waste concerns in the Pacific?

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rarely believe anything I read on FB, but do we have any experts on R2R that can confirm / disprove this? In case folks do not want to click the link, it basically states that the nuclear waste that is being dumped into the ocean in Japan (from the tsunami) has crossed the Pacific and is affecting fish along the US west coast. It really only touches on the fishing industry, but it makes me wonder about reefs, etc.

http://altereddimensions.net/2015/p...-contamination-united-states-fish-radioactive

ReeferBob

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't click it but if debris have made it from the tsunami (it has) to the West coast, then the radiated water also has.

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic

Powered by KGB
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty scary stuff!! I wonder what effect this is having on reefs, whales, sharks, top of the food chain down....

zemuss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is pretty scary and I understand the need for power. When are we going to put our foot down and say enough is enough?

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldnt worry too much. We bombed the heck out of atolls in the south pacific for years and a couple big ones in Japan. Then set off a few here in the states that blew all over ourselves and the globe. The San Onofre plant in OC Ca sprung some leaks very recently and was shut down and the beaches are shut down in TJ from toxic runoff constantly. China. nuff said right? And we added lead to gasoline for 80+ years even though we new it was toxic for the last 2000 years.
So really. Its a drop in the bucket.

OP
OP
Reeflogic

Reeflogic