nudibranch tank?

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’ve been thinking i have a 2.5 gallon tank and i was wondering what to do with it so my question is it possible to set it up as a nudibranch tank
if i was to do this i’d either go with the zoa eating kind (i know it’s kinda messed up to have a bunch of zoas just to be eaten)
or should i go the berghia nudibranch tank and culture aptasia and then sell the bigger nudibranchs locally
i’m just wondering if there’s a good way of doing this and which way would be easier
and i’m going to try to do this because i find them to be very interesting animals

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so i’ve been thinking i have a 2.5 gallon tank and i was wondering what to do with it so my question is it possible to set it up as a nudibranch tank
if i was to do this i’d either go with the zoa eating kind (i know it’s kinda messed up to have a bunch of zoas just to be eaten)
or should i go the berghia nudibranch tank and culture aptasia and then sell the bigger nudibranchs locally
i’m just wondering if there’s a good way of doing this and which way would be easier
and i’m going to try to do this because i find them to be very interesting animals
Cool idea!! Not a nudibranch expert but I’d say aptasia over zoas, then sell massive nudibranchs. If all else fails you could try and sell massive aptasia too lol curious as to their max size

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool idea!! Not a nudibranch expert but I’d say aptasia over zoas, then sell massive nudibranchs. If all else fails you could try and sell massive aptasia too lol curious as to their max size
same it would be interesting to see the size of some of the aptasia and the nudibranchs

Fish_Sticks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do... please. Please make a build thread

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could get lettuce or blue velvet nudis? Those are super cool :) Lettuce would be easy to supplement with algae/vegetables/veggie pellets but blue velvets need a diet of specifically flatworms

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you could get lettuce or blue velvet nudis? Those are super cool :) Lettuce would be easy to supplement with algae/vegetables/veggie pellets but blue velvets need a diet of specifically flatworms
yea i was looking at those two but i wouldn’t have a reliable source of gha or flatworms so unfortunately i have to stick with one of the more simpler ones unfortunately

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also this is the tank set up right now it’s only inhabits are 3 red legged hermits all i need is a better light some aptasia and nudibranchs

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe lettuce would be okay supplemented with nori right?
i dont know i think they only eat gha and sometimes other supplemental foods i think they also use photosynthesis by using gha in their back i think i read that somewhere

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not both? You can definitely get some zoas that will keep pace with Exaiptasia with proper management. Can get cheapo ugly zoas that carpet fast. Unfortunately no matter what you do you'll have to sacrifice some of the nudist or sell them. You'll be able to sell the berghia easier, though I've seen a few people on here who wouldn't mind zoa nudis.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not both? You can definitely get some zoas that will keep pace with Exaiptasia with proper management. Can get cheapo ugly zoas that carpet fast. Unfortunately no matter what you do you'll have to sacrifice some of the nudist or sell them. You'll be able to sell the berghia easier, though I've seen a few people on here who wouldn't mind zoa nudis.
i mean i can try both also wouldn’t the zoa nudibranchs glow

Kazumi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen on here just a few days ago, someone was buying little tiny berghia for $10 a piece. At those prices you could make some decent money off of them.

OP
OP
nanonøkk

nanonøkk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen on here just a few days ago, someone was buying little tiny berghia for $10 a piece. At those prices you could make some decent money off of them.
yea i’m probably gonna get them off of salty underground and i’ll probably get 5 of them and then when i get 10 or more i’ll start selling them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back