Nuisance algae ID help

Mr.fishMan

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 4, 2021
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
lund
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've been having trouble managing this algae ever since I added a new piece of live rock to the tank. It started growing on the rock and I've been trying to manage it by manual removal, but it just keeps growing back. It has spread into parts of the sand and has started to creep up onto the glass. The growth pattern is probably best likened to that of a creeping vine.

Thanks in advance!

mystery_algae_glass.jpg mystery_algae_rock.jpg
 
Hair algae, phosphate are probably high.
 
It could be bryopsis if nothing is eating it. Try and pull some off or out, if it feels rooted in it’s probably bryopsis. If it’s contained to a rock i would dip the rock in h202.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new