Nuvo 20 AuqaShield UV Sterilizer placement

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, so I'm looking at getting the auqashield uv sterilizer my nuvo 20. But I have questions about the placement. I see they want it in the first left or right chamber. However I'm running filter sock on my 1st left chamber, skimmer 2nd left chamber and media rack on my 1st right chamber. My question being would I be able to rig it into the 2nd chamber on the right side? Or do you know of a media rack that would fit into the right 2nd chamber for the nuvo fusion 20?

Thanks

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

OP
OP
Saltysocks

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the specific question, but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help
Hey I appreciate it. Thank you!! maybe someone could chime in on the effects of uv on tds? Will it make a difference? In quite a precarious situation sadly

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my personal opinion is you need to put it in the outermost chambers so that water flows down through.

on my nuvo 40 from left to right (when facing front of tank):

UV--InTank fuge basket---heater/ato/dosing (center chamber)--Skimmer--InTank media basket with carbon/chemipure

I run filter floss on the top of the UV and on the right side overflow as well. UV shouldnt have any effect on TDS as far as i know.

OP
OP
Saltysocks

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my personal opinion is you need to put it in the outermost chambers so that water flows down through.

on my nuvo 40 from left to right (when facing front of tank):

UV--InTank fuge basket---heater/ato/dosing (center chamber)--Skimmer--InTank media basket with carbon/chemipure

I run filter floss on the top of the UV and on the right side overflow as well. UV shouldnt have any effect on TDS as far as i know.
Thank you, this was very helpful in terms of set up. I'm currently fighting cyano pretty bad, and I think it's because of a tds outbreak in my tank. I was considering using chemi clean but even if it does kill out what's existing, I worry the tds creep in my tank will bring it right back hence my curiosity in the uv

nbooks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait, i was assuming by TDS you meant quality of RODI, is it something else?

OP
OP
Saltysocks

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait, i was assuming by TDS you meant quality of RODI, is it something else?
No you are correct.. I did realize my source water was bad cause I hadn't check it in roughly like 6 mo or something of the sort if you look at my previous post.. tds of the water was off the charts im back to having 0 for my wc water, however the tank is extremely tainted

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine in the outer chamber and replaced the sponge with Poly filter. It fits perfect in this chamber if you move it to the second one will need something to hold it in place since the second chamber is bigger. You can do a diy basket or get the Intank fuge basket for the second chamber. Also use your current basket and surrounded by filter floss just throwing some ideas.

Attachments

• Aquashield_UV.jpg
    Aquashield_UV.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Saltysocks

Saltysocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine in the outer chamber and replaced the sponge with Poly filter. It fits perfect in this chamber if you move it to the second one will need something to hold it in place since the second chamber is bigger. You can do a diy basket or get the Intank fuge basket for the second chamber. Also use your current basket and surrounded by filter floss just throwing some ideas.
I don't know why I'm so old fashioned I just have a hard time getting away from my filter sock lol.. even though they're such a huch pita.. but I think you are right better off putting it where it's intended and diy basket. I bought in tank fuge basket but decided not to go that way, maybe I'll just re-purpose it

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back