oase uv sterilizer

  • Thread starter Thread starter DTz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DTz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2014
Messages
405
Reaction score
101
Location
malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys .im looking to get 2 uv sterilizer for my 306 gallon tank. mainly for parasite control. the only big wattage ones we have in my country is oase 57w. anyone have experience with this brand? hows their build quality etc? and whats the best flow to run it at? thx
 
Each brand should give u optimal flow rates for parasites and for algae control. Usually parasites have a much lower flow rate than for algae control. This is why people would use 2 uv sterilizers at once, one for algae and the other for parasites.
 
Recommended flow rate for 55watt is 250-300 gallon. I’ve changed to the smallest pump I can find and yet I’m getting 500 gallons per hour. Any idea how to lower it?
IMG_3837.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3836.png
    IMG_3836.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 55
OASE is very well respected in the koi pond world, fwiw.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new