Official Picture Entry Thread for BC Bonfire Grow-Out Contest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January...been a rough month boys...have some weirdness killing my sps, I had to order a icp test kit so I can get to the bottom of it. As you can see it appears on the bonfire frag like burnt tips but on other corals stn from random places on them. Lost a bunch already its pretty devastating

Attachments

• 20220131_171608.jpg
    20220131_171608.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 71

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
January...been a rough month boys...have some weirdness killing my sps, I had to order a icp test kit so I can get to the bottom of it. As you can see it appears on the bonfire frag like burnt tips but on other corals stn from random places on them. Lost a bunch already its pretty devastating
Seems that it’s going around to a lot of us, good luck Bro, hope that you find your issue soon !!!

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why I’m bothering, but here’s my January photo. Mostly still just grown downward snd for whatever reason suddenly retracting polyps snd losing color… clearly not winning anything at this point *eyeroll* I’ve had the worst luck with almost everything lately (tanks and life), but I’m still hanging in there

Attachments

• 7B79C55D-E125-42F9-9011-7E7B8C7B07BF.jpeg
    7B79C55D-E125-42F9-9011-7E7B8C7B07BF.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 56

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know why I’m bothering, but here’s my January photo. Mostly still just grown downward snd for whatever reason suddenly retracting polyps snd losing color… clearly not winning anything at this point *eyeroll* I’ve had the worst luck with almost everything lately (tanks and life), but I’m still hanging in there
It seems to be a trend, happening with a lot of people including myself, good luck and hang in there!!!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this past month I lost my frag. It fell right onto my ASD Holy grail while I was gone for about 3 days and I was not able to save it. Good luck to the rest
So sorry to hear that! You definitely had a good chance, so hopefully next time we'll all be a little more lucky.

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this past month I lost my frag. It fell right onto my ASD Holy grail while I was gone for about 3 days and I was not able to save it. Good luck to the rest

The real question is: How is the HG? That's an expensive piece!

LPS are usually pretty mean, but I had an acro fall into some blastos, and it was murder town. Acro came out mostly unscathed.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I was still playing along. My frag system is actually cranking along pretty well now that I have my pH so well dialed in.

I also just received a bunch of frag racks with the silicone grip holes to avoid future topples. Live and learn.

And yes @Kattkrazie I am still AEFW free. For the moment anyway. I might could dig up some monti eating nudis if you are in need though. Just let me know.

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I was still playing along. My frag system is actually cranking along pretty well now that I have my pH so well dialed in.

I also just received a bunch of frag racks with the silicone grip holes to avoid future topples. Live and learn.

And yes @Kattkrazie I am still AEFW free. For the moment anyway. I might could dig up some monti eating nudis if you are in need though. Just let me know.

Thanks so much for the offer, but I'd probably just kill them. They are better off staying with you. ;)

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good to hear that man, I got both of those buggers in my system too ! The AEFW are at bay by using KZ Flatworm Stop but the monti eating nudis are crushing my montis. I took out a 2 lbs colony of a Tubs Stellata today, they are working on a Nauti Spiral now, soon to go are a Bubble Gum Digi, Green Eggs n Ham . Every morning I find 5-10 on the glass! SMH ‍♂️

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear that man, I got both of those buggers in my system too ! The AEFW are at bay by using KZ Flatworm Stop but the monti eating nudis are crushing my montis. I took out a 2 lbs colony of a Tubs Stellata today, they are working on a Nauti Spiral now, soon to go are a Bubble Gum Digi, Green Eggs n Ham . Every morning I find 5-10 on the glass! SMH ‍♂️
I kept my infestations to my frag system. That is a format that is totally manageable.

Afraid I have to say you need to move into this kind of detached, dippable, format. The montis go into Melafix for 10 minutes basted. The acros go into a potassium chloride solution. Don't mix them. MENS thrive in KCl and montis hate KCl. I can share some notes. A very tedious 8 months ahead but not technical. Just tedious. PM me with questions.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I love the Tubs Stellata. I've been fighting cyano for over a year now, but finally getting it under control a bit. After a week since I last cleaned it out, this is what my cyano looks like along with a Tubs colony.

IMG_0947.jpg

marco fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@marco fish correction: 8 WEEKS not months!

And it doesn't have to be Melafix, any of the tea tree oil based dips will do. Melaleuca oil.
I got ya Scott, and thank you . I’ll PM you to not clog up this thread with my issues.
I love the Tubs Stellata. I've been fighting cyano for over a year now, but finally getting it under control a bit. After a week since I last cleaned it out, this is what my cyano looks like along with a Tubs colony.

IMG_0947.jpg
Glad to hear that the cyano battle is almost gone, it’s always tough dealing with any kind of pest in this hobby. This is a picture of what mine looked like before I removed the colony yesterday. :(
Top left
6C33E176-D8C1-4531-BDE4-26E5BE7A75C7.jpeg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back